“Unorganized and rude and we havent evened stayed there yet!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Viroqua
Vernon Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Viroqua
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Unorganized and rude and we havent evened stayed there yet!”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I booked a block of rooms here for my upcoming wedding and have had nothing but problems since, After reading the other reviews and having my own experiences here I would honestly say that if the wedding wasnt in 3 weeks I would pull all of our reservations and take them someplace else. The employees that I have tried to deal with thus far have been rude, inconsiderate, unorganized, misinformed and so on. I tried to speak with the manager who was polite enough but did nothing to resolve the issues. I have received calls from 7 of my guest so far that have tried to book rooms at this hotel and have called me with concerns or complaints about how they were treated and how their reservation was handled. I will update my review after the wedding but a warning to other brides who are getting married in the area-DO NOT HAVE YOUR GUEST BOOK HERE- apparently this hotel does not value the business that brides bring them -There may be few hotels in the area but I believe this hotel needs to be reminded that they are not the only hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Go someplace else- Westby is close
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cstratman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Central Illinois
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Stayed here 1 night on business. Lodging options in the Veroqua area are very, very limited, so I took a chance on this facility. Overall, it was a pleasant, no-frills stay. Front desk staff were polite & friendly. Common areas were clean and well-maintained. There is a pool (I did not swim) that appears to need a fresh coat of paint on the pool bottom. Breakfast was very simple, but adequate. Room was clean and adequately furnished, but was slightly dated and bathroom smelled a little musty. IMPORTANT NOTE: FACILITY HAS NO ELEVATOR, SO BE SURE TO REQUEST A GROUND LEVEL ROOM IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY WITH STAIRS.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CentILMatt
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The hotel is clean enough which is the most important thing to me. Our room had a fridge and microwave which was nice. The breakfast was not very extensive and pretty much processed foods. No yogurt. The furnishings in the room were pretty basic. All in all, a basic hotel - no frills. The walls are preety thin. You could hear noise from the next room and there were sounds in the night - perhaps from the AC unit.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Boscobel
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We were in town for a wedding. When I called to make the reservations the never once asked how many adults and children. I had to ask if they were going to need that information. She put my last name in tottaly wrong! On the day of the wedding, We arrived around 9am. They did not tell me over the phone what time check-in was. We traveled from 2 hours away with 4 children and wanted to get into the room and have breakfast, rest then get ready for the wedding that everyone in the family was in. When we were walking in there was a note up saying that the pool was not open. My kids were looking forward to swimming. When we got inside I told the lady whom was working that we were checking-in. She said check-in was @ 4pm!!! I NEVER heard of such thing! I said we were here for a wedding and needed to be able to get into the room to get ready and what are we spose to do becuase the wedding started @ 4pm!!! She said the banquet room would be open to change for the wedding but we needed to shower and fix our hair. And the banquet room was open for a different wedding. How strange would that have been to change infront of people whom you did not know!!!!!!!!!
Where the bride was having the wedding we decided to go out there and tell her what was going on. The lady that rented the grounds/barn for the wedding was not pleased with what went on becuase she tells alot of her brides and their famiies to go there from out of town. The lady that rent the gounds/barn called and got us in early. I could not believe it had to come down to that! If they did not have my card on file from when I called I would NOT have staied there at all!!!!! I did not even get a sorry or anything when I checked in for the 2nd time. Needless to say we were almost late to the wedding where everyone who was with me was in it. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN AND DO NOT INCOUAGE ANYONE TO!!!! Breakfast sucked too!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank albremichelle2
iowa
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We were traveling with a group of Fall leaf watchers and found this great place to stay.
It is not a 5 star, but it was very clean and friendly
The rooms are large and the beds are very very comfortable----and the pool area was wonderful.
they did offer a simple breakfast complete with coffee, juice, cereal, toast, and pastries---just what we needed to start our day.
like some others said---The Viking Inn for supper can't be beat

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Viroqua, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Vernon Inn & Suites was a great place to stay. Clean rooms, good free breakfast, and just overall a nice place. They even a have a pool that is open seasonally. Nice town over all...
If looking for a good meal try the Viking Inn...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 July 2010

The hotel was overall good. We had clean towels, nice bathroom and the bed was excellent! I usually have problems with bad, hard and cheap beds but this one didn't make miss mine at home! The continental breakfast was the usual cold cereal, bread, bagels, some morning buns and coffee! The swimming pool was nice and the whirlpool too! The only thing that we noticed when we opened the room was the smell of cigarette smoke! But after a while it didn't bother us! I wish people wouldn't smoke in the rooms! The price of the hotel is a little pricey even with our AAA discount! It would be ok if they have a kiddy pool, then I would mind pay the price. Other than that I would recommend this hotel to family and friends

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Viroqua
No photo provided
#1 of 5 in Sparta
Midway Motel
Midway Motel
#1 of 2 in Viroqua

Been to Vernon Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!