“Best Motel in Viroqua”

Midway Motel
Midway Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Viroqua
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My husband and I went to Viroqua for a 3 month stay for his job there in the Hospital. We stayed the whole time there in THE MIDWAY MOTEL, and I want to let everyone know that 1st the Motel is a very clean motel, and I have been in alot of motels all over the United States, the bed in the room we stayed in was OMG comfortable, and we have stayed in 5 star motels that some cant compare. 2nd the owner and his wife are awesome, they made us feel very comfortable being there. Kinda like our extended family. We were treated like we mattered, always asking if we needed anything, and they were very accomadating. If I ever am in this area this will be the place we will stay at MIDWAY MOTEL....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank JBehle

Reviewed 27 September 2012

My fiancee and I stayed at the Midway Motel this past weekend. The owners were very nice and made us feel welcome. We wanted the most economical room since we were going to be there just to rest our heads, and we had a room with a queen bed. Quite small but it was all we needed and the price was perfect. Came with a microwave, coffee maker, and tv. Bathroom and complete room were clean and the room smelled pleasant. I was surprised that the shower was full blast and hot, no low flow, no low temp. The bed was basic, a bit hard for my taste but I am spoiled with my mattress at home. I would definitely stay here again. Next time I may go up to the larger rooms if I will be spending more time at the motel, otherwise small queen is the way to go.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SaraS483
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband and I stay here in May and again in September. Our room is always clean and comfy. We are always made to feel welcome like meeting old friends. I would recommend the Midway to any of our friends, as a great place to lay your head.

There is dining across the parking lot and plenty within walking distance if you choose.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sheila k
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Midway Motel during a recent visit. There are not too many places to stay locally and we had seen some good reviews of this motel. It is clean, well-kept, with comfortable beds, refrigerator and microwave. The needle shower was a plus. Very average decor and design, but you should have no negative surprises. Only downside -- the wireless Internet never worked for me even after I consulted with the owner. He told me to use "default" or "linksys," neither of which would connect with my laptop. I would stay here again if travels brought me back to Viroqua.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank arriveanddepart
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I travel from Michigan to Wisconsin three times a year. This particular trip was a three night stay. The owners are super friendly and go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Midway is in a great location for shopping and dining. The rooms were spotless and had a coffee machine, microwave and refrigerator. Watching TV was a treat on the flat screen versus the old style TV's in the surrounding motels. I made a note of my room number planning to reserve the room with the flat screen. I told the owner I would be back in a few months hoping for that room and he said all the rooms have new flat screens in them. The wi-fi worked great. I've been to a couple of other hotels in the area and Midway is definitely my first choice when I'm in town. Mike from Michigan

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Telecaster1
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This motel is clean & up to date with furnishings. It had a flat screen wall TV, frig & microwave in our room. We had a king sized bed with a small twin bed in an area where clothes can be hung. Sounds claustophobic but it isn't. Just the two of us so we didn't use the twin (Room 8). The A/C was a wall unit but no biggie. It was in a location where the cold air didn't blow on you like it does in some higher priced hotels. No continental breakfast or coffee but for $54.25 for the night, it was a bargain. Eleven units at this motel & I'd say 8 rooms were filled for the night. We'd stay again.

Room Tip: A little road noise from US Hwy 14 but nothing you can do about it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rosemary P
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We asked to see a room before staying and were pleasantly surprised! There are new owners and they have replaced the carpet and added upgrades such as flat screen tv. The room was very clean! There was a little refrigerator and microwave.The bed was very comfortable. The rate was reasonable. I like being able to park right outside the room. The owner was also very friendly and thanked us for our business. I appreciate being appreciated! Nothing fancy but nice!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank on-a-mission07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Viroqua
Old Towne Motel
#12 of 20 in La Crosse
Westby House Inn
Westby House Inn
#1 of 1 in Westby

Been to Midway Motel? Share your experiences!