“Awesome visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viroqua Heritage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Viroqua
Viroqua Heritage Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Viroqua B&B and Inns
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Awesome visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at this lovely B & B. From our arrival to our departure, we could not have asked for a better experience. The home is charming, the room was great, and Nancy, the owner, could not have been nicer. We were in Viroqua to do some genealogy work on my family and Nancy was so very helpful. She had several books that helped us begin our search (which she actually let me take to a print shop to have a copies made).
Breakfast, which Nancy prepared each day, was outstanding. My wife and I are gluten free, which did not create a problem for Nancy, as she prepared our breakfast each day.
She recommended restaurants in the area- one was so good that we ate there twice. All are within walking distance.
We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Since the home is on a quiet street close to the downtown area, noise is not a factor for any of the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The setting is lovely. It was a treat just to sit on the front porch and relax. I enjoyed hanging out in town while my husband fished. Shops and restaurants are nearby. We were never bored. The rooms are clean and comfortable. You'll love Nancy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

A quiet well located, interesting period property with many original fixtures. Large room, comfortably furnished in antique (shabby chic) style, with comfortable beds, but lacking in storage space for a long stay. Large, comfortable guest sitting rooms downstairs with interesting books to browse. A separate coffee making area with fridge and microwave.
We did not have breakfast as it was not on offer for the first morning and the availability thereafter was a little late in the morning for us, and we found a very good alternative within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a two night stay and found the accommodations very comfortable and the environment welcoming. Nancy's breakfasts were wonderful and very nutritious. I loved that everything was within walking distance and that Nancy was so well versed in the history of Viroqua and the buildings. I would recommend the Viroqua Heritage Inn very highly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ruth K
IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our westward driving vacation wouldn't have been nearly as good had we not stayed at Nancy's Heritage Inn in Viroqua, WI! We spent two nights there so hubby could get some quality time down on the river. We were greeted by a warm and lovely inn keeper, Nancy. We selected the Charlotte Room, which is on the first floor next to the stairs and front door. We're not one for a lot of stairs and often prefer lower levels when we travel. The bed was very comfortable and I told Nancy that my second night there I had a 96% sleep proficiency according to my FitBit! She was intrigued by that. Each morning we were treated to locally grown organic delights. At night we slept well and it was quiet. But in the morning, between the sun rising through our blinds and a few extra early morning guests, we were up earlier than we would have liked. The walls are not very sound proof. If you're seeking a really quiet area, you might want to try the second floor rear of the house. We liked the first floor also because of the bathroom and shower set up. This is a larger suite. A couple of suggestions...provide room darkening shades for bedroom and upgrade the bathroom toiletries.

Room Tip: For a quiet area, try a second floor rear room. Larger suite, Charlotte Room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Long Grove, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Feeling like I was in need of some time away, I drove to Viroqua and landed on this little gem. It was exactly what I needed! My room was clean and comfortable and charming. The atmosphere was relaxing and peaceful. Safe town. Wonderful innkeeper. Yummy coffee. I'm coming back AND staying longer!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Larssa14
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Eckhart House for an overnight stop on our way from the Twin Cities to Milwaukee. Charlotte's Room was beautifully decorated and comfortable. The chill of autumn was in the air, but we were warm and cozy in this room. The small sitting area was comfortable as was the high king size bed. There were other sitting areas in the main floor of the house and beverages and snacks for weary travelers. Nancy, the innkeeper was very hospitable and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was truly delicious - I don't know where she was able to get sweet ripe melon - and the fact that she uses organic and local food was a really selling point for me. Unlike proprietors of other B&Bs, one of Nancy's first questions to us was when would we like breakfast, What a delight to be able to sleep in and have breakfast when WE wanted to. Another selling point! We always try to find a B&B to stay in to break up the traveling, and the Eckhart House was a delightful find!

Room Tip: Charlotte's room is on the main floor, and although private and lovely, we were able to hear oth...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjonairn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Viroqua
No photo provided
Old Towne Motel
#1 of 1 in Westby
Westby House Inn
Westby House Inn
#1 of 1 in Westby

Been to Viroqua Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!