“Excellent value and service”
Review of Hickory Hill Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Viroqua
Hickory Hill Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Viroqua
Reviewed 12 June 2013

A happy accident: I ended up here with a little mechanical trouble on my motorcycle, and ended up staying 2 nights. I concur with other reviewers, the place is extremely clean and the owners are incredibly nice people who seem to really enjoy what they do. Since it was raining, they even offered the use of their garage to get out of the weather and work on my motorcycle (not necessary, the rain stopped).

I had a room in the back building. Quiet.

Some cows were grazing in the field across the street from the motel.

Only a couple miles from downtown Viroqua, which is a pretty little town. Okay coffee in the morning and some packaged danish. You'll have to go into town if you need something more substantial.

For the price and cleanliness, this is one of the best courtyard-style motels I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are more isolated from the road if that's important to you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank MethMouth88

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We booked several rooms for Fri night and the whole hotel for Sat night for my daughter's wedding. The owner was very helpful and accommodating. We had many last minute room changes and name switches and she handled it quite well. The rooms of our whole party were clean, smelled good and not cramped. The mattress was a little firm, but other than that, I think we got our money's worth. The view was nice and we were just a little off the hwy on a slight hill, but didn't even hear it. There was a hillside right behind us with birds chirping, wind softly rustling, etc. It was a pleasant stay. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had room 27, which was up the hill in a separate bldg. from some others. It was quiet and relaxi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Renee P
Reviewed 7 March 2013

This motel far exceeded my expectations. The rooms are big and the cleanest I have seen. The owners are very nice and helpful and you can tell that they care about their property. The rates are reasonable. There is no reason to stay anywhere else

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Kerry P
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Good value and great location. Rooms are smaller but clean and well maintained. Friendly staff and a clean pool. Motorcycle friendly parking lot. Layout of hotel and rooms allow for socializing with others.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank gymfwy
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed at the Hickory Hill in late September for 3 days just to drive around SW WI. The room was clean, adequate, good wifi, TV, plenty of hot water, and very comfortable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We liked the family atmosphere and a bit of the "country" feeling being on the outskirts of town. We will return.

Room Tip: There is a section of rooms separate from main building that we stayed in and was very nice and quie...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PMJEastTexas
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Motel this past weekend. We come up several times a year, and just love the place. You can't beat the price, inground pool is a bonus, always clean and comfortable. We have been staying here for the past 14 years when we come to the the area. Always a very relaxing time and great stay. Looking forward to next trip, coming back in a few weeks for final weekend of Trout fishing season.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Gerry S
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I have read reviews that are complementry to this property, but I was very disappointed. The price may have been cheap, but we would have certainly paid more for a better room. Our room was not clean, much dust under the bed, dark patches along the seams of the shower stall that appeared to be mold, and a disagreeable odor in the room. There were no plug-ins in the bathroom or anywhere close to a mirror. There was no hair dryer. The bedspread was worn and needed a cleaning. I have read about a continental breakfast, but none was offered at check in and I didn't see it. The people there were very friendly and nice. Maybe they have better rooms in a different area of the motel. There must be better places to stay in the Viroqua area.

Room Tip: Please ask to see your room before you check in.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank JLR410
Also consider these accommodations in or near Viroqua
Midway Motel
Brush Creek Inn
Brush Creek Inn
#1 of 2 in Ontario
Thornton House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Hickory Hill Motel? Share your experiences!