* All rooms were very clean
* Satisfying amount of breakfast
* Donna pointed us to a good place to eat and printed off directions for a park
* Donna and Mike were both exceedingly friendly
* The beds were way too soft - hard to get to sleep and our backs were sore in the morning
* Bathrooms were separate from bedrooms and shared with other guests
* We were discouraged from making our own teas and coffees - Donna insisted on making ours when we'd rather make them ourselves the way we wanted
* The pastries were supposedly homemade fresh everyday, but neither my sister nor I smelled or heard any baking going on. While the pastries were good, they were no more special than any decent bakery pastries. We thought the same about the Belgian waffles - not homemade. However, the choice of syrups and jams was very good.
* Did not like the way Donna went on about her food, beds, etc. "These are the most awesome waffles you'll ever have!" "This is the best chai ever!" (not hardly - the chai she offered was from a mix and not the true Indian chai), "These are the best sausages ever!", "These will be the best beds you'll ever sleep in!", etc. No host or hostess should shout the praises of their wares - let the guests make the decision and compliment if worthy!
* After a long drive and just wishing to be shown our room, we were given a tour of this very large and ornate historical home. We were tired but didn't want to be rude, so on the tour we went. It would have been very nice to be asked first if we'd like a tour or maybe wait until later.