“exactly what a bed and breakfast should be...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pedal'rs Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wales
Pedal'rs Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Wales B&B and Inns
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
“exactly what a bed and breakfast should be...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stay at a lot of b and b's and this was our first time at this one. The home is lovely, the rooms are all decorated tastefully with extremely comfortable beds, luxurious linens, historic charm yet updated and relaxing bathrooms. Dee, the owner is a wonderful hostess, incredible cook and allows her guests privacy while still being available to help. We stayed in room 4 which was awesome and one of the touches we liked a lot was that there were many remotes to open windows, start a ceiling fan, start the fireplace...all of the climate controls are at your fingertips. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

Room Tip: If you like to have space to read or just lounge, I highly recommend room number 4.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

My husband and I stayed for our 20th wedding anniversary. Clean, comfortable rooms. Fantastic breakfast. The town of Wales had nice shopping and honestly the most welcoming people. Perfect fishing weather was a bonus! My advise, stay here. You will be glad you did.

Room Tip: Room 4 was spacious and beautiful. The stairs up to the room was a little steep, but worth the climb...
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We only stayed one night but I wish it was ten! Dee is an excellent host and breakfast was absolutely incredible. Some unseasonable weather (75 in March!) made for a great bike ride and a beautiful run. We can't wait to come back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Palatine, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

If you are planning on spending time at a Wisconsin B&B, Pedal'rs Inn is the place to go! My husband wanted to plan a special birthday weekend getaway for me, in addition to spending a weekend away before our first baby arrives this spring. After looking around at various B&B websites, we found the Pedal'rs Inn and thought that it was incredibly charming. From everything we saw, the house seemed beautiful inside and out. Then, when we noticed that they had a Mommy-to-Be Getaway Package, we were instantly sold! After reading over the extensive list of accommodations we could choose from, my husband decided to pamper me with a pedicure and a massage. Not only did Dee, the Inn Keeper, arrange for me to have a fantastic pedicure at the local Salon Amor, she also arranged for a professional massage therapist from Craig Berns Salon and Spa to give me a prenatal massage in the privacy of the inn so that we didn't have to travel further! As if that weren't enough, Dee did everything she could to go above and beyond in order to make our stay extra special! I work on Saturdays, and my hours often change at the last minute, so we weren't sure when we were going to be arriving at the B&B. Dee was incredibly accommodating in letting us know that we could check in whenever we needed to, even after regular check in hours. She called in dinner reservations for us at local restaurants each night that we stayed. The room we stayed in was gorgeous and supplied with every amenity possible. And BREAKFAST! I cannot even describe Dee's breakfast in a way that would do it justice. Her five-course gourmet delight would rival even the fanciest of five-star restaurants! On our last morning at the inn, my husband and I had to leave at 7am so that he could make it back for a mandatory business meeting, and we told her that we didn't want to inconvenience her with preparing our breakfast, as we were the ones with the tight deadline to make. Most hosts would have let it go at that, but not Dee. She took the time out of her busy day to bring us fresh fruit, home baked scones (that she made that morning!), coffee, and tea so that we could eat in our room before we left! Absolutely everything about our stay was top notch, and we would recommend Pedal'rs Inn to anyone considering staying in a B&B. We will definitely be back!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Pedal'rs Inn is our favorite bed and breakfast by far! We have been there five times, and it continues to be the inn by which we judge all others! Dee and Rick are so welcoming and hospitable and really go above and beyond to help their guests feel welcome. The beds are amazing, as is breakfast. We love that Dee makes everything from scratch and uses local ingredients whenever possible. It is that attention to detail that characterizes Pedal'rs Inn. Dee is so attentive to her guests' needs and is great about adding personal touches to their visit. On our most recent visit when we mentioned that we were just going to relax in our room and watch a movie on our laptop, she offered to bring up popcorn and cider for us. It was a thoughtful addition to our already wonderful stay. We would certainly recommend Pedal'rs Inn to anyone looking for a comfortable, relaxing stay in the Milwaukee area. We love it!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I can't say enough about the Pedal'rs Inn and its keeper, Dee. She took such great care to make us feel welcome and special. I have a gluten intolerance, and not only did Dee leave out the gluten, but she MADE SPECIAL gluten free muffins just for me. My friends and family don't even go out of their way to do this :)
She is so knowledgeable about restaurants and activities in the area, and has an uncanny ability to know just what each of her guests need to make their stay special and memorable.
I am a nutrition coach (which was unbeknownst to Dee at the time of my stay), and I must say that the quality of food provided and prepared by Dee was outstanding. We were served a gorgeous baked egg dish with mushrooms, tomatoes, and LOCAL BACON!!! This all followed the poached pear appetizer. YUM!!
So, stay at the Pedal'rs Inn!!! As you can see from the photos, the rooms are all gorgeous. The inn is immaculate! We can't wait for our next stay... planning it already :)

Room Tip: They are all fabulous. We love bedchamber 3
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I spoke with the Inn Keeper, Dee Nierzwicki, and arranged for a Candlelight walk/Bonfire/Grill with a vegetarian picnic basket. We arrived at the Inn approximately one hour later than our requested check in time; but within the check in hours of 3-7. Mrs. Nierzwicki was on her way out, and handed us a note. We were given a rushed tour, during the tour I read the note, which a portion of it read “the meat is in the fridge”. Mrs. Nierzwicki admitted that she had forgotten my fiancé is a vegetarian.
We arrived at the park, and there was no bon-fire; and no lit grill as she advertised. This was a key factor in choosing her establishment. Due to the lack of dinner accommodations we stopped and picked up a pizza on the way back.
We asked her to turn up the heat in the Inn, because it was really cold. Mrs. Nierzwicki asked if I knew there was a robe in the bathroom. And that she would turn up the heat, and if I wanted to adjust it further, the thermostat was in the hall. I later tried to turn up the heat in the middle of the night, and it could not be adjusted. The thermostat was locked on seventy degrees; which is extremely cold when it is twelve degrees outside. My fiancé and I woke up early at 7 a.m. from being uncomfortably cold. We wanted to discuss the situation with her. After we ate breakfast, we went downstairs at 9:45a.m., and she was gone. We called her at 10a.m., and sent her a text message; she did not respond to either. At this point we were sitting in our car where we could control the heat. We were thinking if we leave before 11a.m. which is check out time, we would have to pay a cancellation fee, but not the entire nights stay. She finally returned our call at 11:55 a.m. We told her we wanted to check out early, because it was too cold, and uncomfortable. She never asked if there was anything she could do to make our stay more comfortable. She was only concerned with charging us for the additional night.
She charged us for the night we did not stay, as well as the non-vegetarian picnic basket. Then I noticed she revised her website to include a cancellation policy that was never there before.
I spoke to her after I was charged, and she complained to me. Saying we were late, and she took time preparing the picnic basket. I feel it is a bad business practice to leave any customers unsatisfied. She was only concerned with money, and not our comfort level.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amma N
PedalrsKeeper, Owner at Pedal'rs Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
I just want to express my appreciation for your review. In the years of being an innkeeper I found that I can not improve my service unless I listen to my guests. I’m thankful not only for hearing your feedback but also that you have been able to provide my future guests with insight to what we have to offer. Reading your review allowed me to see that presumptions can lead to enjoyment or sadly, disappointment. In providing several options, from a horse drawn carriage, to the candlelight hike, to couples massage, to in-room breakfast service, to romantic beverage/cheese/fruit tray service and to dietary restrictions, I may have made some presumptions. My providing the weather forecast for an outdoor hike may help guests be better prepared for the elements or that my preparations for dietary restrictions for one person does or does not pertain to the companion in the party. Also, I presumed that my phone would still allow my guests to reach me while I was at church as it had when I replied to texts the night before, both within the inn & while temporarily out. Lastly, that each guest enjoys some aspect, if not all of their B&B experience. Although your companion voice not liking the B&B experience, I am thankful that he had the opportunity and that, as he put it, found “the breakfast was amazing!” Thank you again for your feedback and for the insight to improve my service to my future guests.
Godspeed,
Dee
P.S. I appreciated the recommendation to open a restaurant however, nothing can replace the joy I receive from the guests that I serve.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wales
The Delafield Hotel
#5 of 54 in Milwaukee
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,772 reviews
Inn at Pine Terrace
#1 of 1 in Oconomowoc

Been to Pedal'rs Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!