“good food good people”

Sammy's on the Square
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Walworth
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Genenva,WI
“good food good people”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a wonderful dish called stuffed cod, it was very tastyand filling. The staff made sure my beverage glass was full. Great place.

• Visited May 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Great neighborhood atmosphere!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a great place to stop for breakfast or lunch. We've tried both and can't decide which is better, the wonderful plates of breakfast, or the many lunch choices! The staff is friendly and your drinks are always kept full. No complaints at all here!

Visited October 2013
“Solid meal, solid people, solid price”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Second stop at Sammy's and impressed again by the friendly service. Food is basic Midwest fare in generous portions. The specials included a homemade cinnamon raisin french toast with eggs and bacon or sausage which was tasty and very filling but so good impossible to leave any leftovers. I had the grilled cheese with bacon and the cream of broccoli soup. The soup was quite salty for my taste and had very little broccoli. They allowed me to switch from American to cheddar cheese in the sandwich and the addition of bacon was new for me and quite tasty. My hot chocolate was dark chocolate with a generous mound of whipped cream.
This place is worth stopping at for the sheer friendliness of service. Not often I can find staff this pleasant who make both my husband and I this comfortable.

• Visited February 2014
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
“Great place again this year!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I discovered this "gem" while visiting the area last year. We were looking forward to eating here again this year, and we were not disappointed! We ate here a total of three times and each time was great. The food is wonderful, the service is prompt and friendly, and the prices are fantastic! Looking forward to eating there again next year!

• Visited October 2013
Wauconda, Illinois
“Outstanding Breakfast”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and I stopped in Sunday morning on our way to Lake Geneva. Although there was a a 10-20 minute wait, the time passed quickly.

Our server greeted us promptly and took our drink order. After ordering, our meals were served in a very reasonable time, especially considering every table was occupied. We were "checked-on" appropriately and refills came without asking.

The food was outstanding and the portions were huge. My wife shared that she should have only ordered a one-egg for her scrambled eggs instead of two. The ingredients in my biscuits and gravy appeared fresh and home-made. Our hash-browns were crispy and tasty. Prices were very reasonable.

Will definitely return to Sammys when we're in the area.

• Visited July 2013