“Good food, bad service and slightly overpriced”
Review of Steak Pit

Steak Pit
Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in Washburn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, bad service and slightly overpriced”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The food was very good, but it was slightly overpriced. The service was terrible. We were the only people in the restaurant for an hour and still couldn't get a refill on our drinks for a long time. We were all drinking alcohol so you would think she would have been faster, but she wasn't. We were visiting our patents in Ashland Wisconsin and live in Ohio, we won't be going back there.

1 Thank ejrnjt

Chicago, Illinois
“Absolutely Horrible Service”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We arrived in town on a business trip. Some of my family live in the area. We decided on steak pit because of the reviews. Could not be more disappointed.

We arrived at around 5:15 PM. Nobody greeted us. A few wait staff and a bartender kind of looked at us but never greeted us. We decided to start off with cocktails. The bar was not terrible. Ambiance was so so. We entered the bar area and sat ourselves. The bartender kind of looked at us while talking to another staff member. She finally walked over and asked us what we were having. No introduction whatsoever. Mind you the bar was empty. I ordered a martini and my guests had manhattans and long islands. I belive one in our group had a margarita. My martini was good, overall no complaints with the bar service except bartender seemed a little stand offish. I wrote it off as having something to do within the staff, like work place politics or something. I did have to ask for another drink and spent a little time waiting to flag her down. We moved to the dining area and this is when the experience went south.

We were seated and waited about 10 minutes for a server. (Dining room was empty at the time we were seated. Maybe one other table.) She(never told us her name) wanted to take our order and never even brought water. Nor, were we asked what we would like for drinks. I was baffled. I couldn't believe it. I finally asked if we could all get water and a few bottles of champagne.

I ordered one bottle of Martini and Rossi Asti and a bottle of Korbel Brut. After about 20 minutes the server returned with a very cheap bottle of champagne that could not have cost more than 3$. Not that martini and rossi is top shelf but. I said okay, no problem. Lets just do Red wine. After everyone agreed at the table that red wine would suffice, we ordered two bottles of wine as well as appetizers.

We waited another 20 minutes for our wine, during which time we ordered our dinner and appetizers came. Myself and one other member of our group, ordered the 24 ounce porterhouse, extra rare and everyone else ordered the prime rib. While we waited, our salads came, the lettuce was crisp and the assortment of dressings were pleasing. About half of our parties water remained empty and the salad plates were not removed until we asked. Nether were our appetizer plates or any used flatware. I felt totally uncomfortable at this point. After looking around I noticed that the other tables had water carafes and plates were not piling up.

I got the sense that the other tables were regulars and we were not so much welcomed or respected as were the others. We had some close friends and business associates in town from texas, maybe they assumed some in our group were local tribal members. not sure. That is just an assumption but made no other sense as to why our service was so poor.

The wine came and our food. My porterhouse was overcooked. More like a medium to medium well. Same with my friends. We sent them back and asked for cool rare. They decided to be smart and gave us near frozen steaks. The other guests in our party were pleased with the prime rib.

We all agreed the service was very poor. I spoke with a guy who I assume was the owner or general manager, he was watching over the dining area during our dinner. I asked him about the service and if he noticed. His excuse for dishes piling up and empty water was simple. "oh. she has only been here a few weeks" and "shes new". I asked him politely how he could be watching over this dining area so closely and not have noticed this going on during our 2 hours dining experience.

I am very dissatisfied with the service and the way my group was treated. I suggest trying other places around washburn and bay field. I know I will.

2 Thank Aficionado22
Ashland, Wisconsin
“There were six of us and we all loved the food!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Nice place, great ambience. Roomy dining area and the tables have some space between which was more comfortable than most who cram the dining area with too many tables. We were seated right away, our waitress came over within a few minutes and poured our water, offered what the specials are said she would return in a few minutes to get our drink orders, which she did. Took our dinner order when she brought the drinks. The ribs were excellent without the sauce and even better with. The Fetticcini Alfredo was awesome. The stuffed shrimp was excellent, as well, and the desserts were out of this world great. Our waitress did a very nice job, nothing was rushed and we didnt have to wait for anything, either. If you're looking for a fancy meal at a cheap price, it's not here. If you want a higher quality supper club meal done right, this is the place. We will definately be back!

1 Thank EatingOutAdventurer
“Can you say supper club?”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Awesome casual atmosphere with great food and incredible value!! Dinner for two, steak and trout, and wine for under $50!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AZHikerJan
Fenton, Missouri
“Great Food in Washburn”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Great meal...good service...Menu is extensive, they offer great desserts and a full bar. Worth the visit if you're looking for a really nice meal.

Visited August 2012