The Inn at Washburn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bayview Motel(Ashland)
Crest Motel(Ashland)
View Hotel
All reviewsevent centernorthern wisconsinapostle islandseasy accessfree wifistay there againshort walkbeds were comfortablebayfield arealakedryerfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2009

The hotel had the location we wanted for a one night stay. The hotel was in better shape than i expected, but i feel very overpriced for what you get. The room was clean which was a plus, but the hotel is very old so it has that "old motel" smell. The continental breakfast was disappointing, cereal, packaged donuts and bagels. If i had planned ahead i would have definately looked for other lodging, but this was a last minute trip. One good thing is that the hotel does have free wifi, which i believe it a must at any hotel these days. Overall i was happy that our room was clean and air conditioned, just would have liked to paid a lower price!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Do yourself a favor and drive to Bayfield. I can't believe how expensive this place is. The photos are WAY nicer than the place. The whole place smells like cigarettes and disinfectent. The hotel shares a parking lot with the steak pit. If you like to sleep in forget it. The curtains block hardly and light and people's dogs are barking in the morning. The bed is hardly that, I've slept on cots more comfortable. The towels are like super fine sand paper and all the furniture is peeling and old. Bathroom fixtures are rusting and grout is molding. Oh ya and the hot tub is out broken. Sad just very sad hopefully they will tear it down soon, so it stops blocking the view or the harbor.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MathPrincess
Reviewed 20 August 2007

I was actually surprised the hotel was nicer than I expected & remembered from staying there years ago. There were 3 of us & had a room w/2 dbls & a roll-a-way. The double beds were comfie it appeard to me that the hotel had recently renovated their rooms to include new carpet as well as new bedding. The roll-away was old and not very comfie at all--but what roll-away is. The only down side's were the hot tub was not working well not sure what the problem was but didnt really make or break my stay. Also the Cont. Breakfast was moderate too many sugary foods for my taste. The only other concern was that they do not have an elevator, which was kind of an issue for my dad who has a bad hip, no first floor rooms were available when we checked in...I should have done some more research on this but really didnt think of it since most hotels have elevators.

I would reccommend this for a short stay as long as your not expecting the Ritz you'll be fine.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 July 2007

I booked this hotel in person - the front desk staff was very nice.
This hotel is way overpriced! I only stayed because it was late and I didn't know the area. The room was ok, the bed was old and practically broken. I didn't want to walk around without shoes!
The price was a killer for a Super 8. If you follow the road for another 5 miles there are a lot more choices, many with better rates I'm sure. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Ridermp
Reviewed 19 June 2006

Property appears to be recently renovated. Rooms and the spa area were very clean and in great shape. The location is very convenient if vacationing in the area. It is a block from the main shopping area of Washburn.

Rooms do NOT have a view of the lake. The property is right on the harbor, but the orientation doesn't give the guest rooms a view. Not a problem unless you plan to sit in your room and stare out the window.

• Stayed: June 2006