“Fun place to stay with a group”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Washburn
North Coast Inn & Chalets
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Washburn
Minnesota
“Fun place to stay with a group”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We spent a weekend here in the chalets (A) with 9 people. The chalet was clean and the common area had ample seating with couches, chairs, tables, etc. Each corner room had one or two double beds, at least one room also had a pull out couch. Each room had it's own bathroom and kitchenette. Also a small table with two chairs. The only negative about the place was the deck. It was litterally falling apart and very dangerous. Otherwise, great place to stay with a group.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The rooms are old and dated, but everything was clean. Do note that the chalet rooms have full sized beds and not queens (this is listed on their site). There's nothing spectacular here and that's about par for the course in this general region. The owner was very nice and friendly which is always a good thing! My only "knock" I can think of is I think the sign said "great views" or something along those lines. Ummmmmm...no. You're a fair distance away from the lake. You can see it...but there's a lot between the rooms and the lake.

Also note that while they do have wi-fi, we could not access it from the chalet we were in.

Room Tip: If wi-fi is a must, do not stay in the chalets.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alstensby
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I just stayed there for the second time in two years. It may appear a bit run-down but it was clean and well prepared. They provided soap and shampoo and extra towels. All rooms have fridge and microwave and the wireless signal was strong even furthest from the office. I marked it "Very good because it is a good value for the area which can get very expensive in the high tourist season.

Room Tip: Previous reviewers complained about smells. I say go to the office immediately or ask to see (and s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David T
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband, dog and I stayed for two nights in a kitchenette. The price was great for our very limited budget, and since we travel with our dog we have to stay in dog friendly places. Kitchenette was really a full fledged kitchen, with a stove, normal sized fridge and dishes and counter space provided. Very accommodating and friendly owners, enjoyed conversing with them and it is very obvious that they have put a lot of work into restoring the property. I am originally from the area, so the location was excellent for us and within walking distance to shops and restaurants along the main street. It was also so nice to walk a couple blocks down to the marina and little beach with our dog every morning and night. Since this trip was mainly a family visit, it was wonderful to have a place to stay at night where we could have our own space and collect our thoughts. I particularly enjoyed the middle section of the 'chalet,' where there is a bit of a lake view. I enjoyed some of the most wonderful peace and quiet there to catch up on some work before resuming family visits. Overall, great value for the cost of a room. Staying there was a great aspect of our trip!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Molly C
Shell Lake, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

North Coast Inn and Chalets has clean rooms, comfortable beds and is very reasonable. Walking distance to a number of good restaurants. It is also across the street from a stop for the courtesy bus to Big Top Chautauqua shows. Owners are very friendly and helpful. This is NOT a fancy multi-star motel nor is it priced like one. We stayed there during summer months and liked it.

Room Tip: Didn't notice a big difference between rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Medford, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

THE WORST!!! Stayed there for 2 days to see ice caves. The room was old, counters drawers stove top was all uneven to the point stuff would slide off. And the owners are the rudest motel owners I have ever met. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels all over the United States and have never seen such rudeness in my life. Never would I stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank harleyjean1
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Took my family to see the sea caves in Cornicopia and stayed here. Price was decent, the female owner was pleasant at check in. Went to our room, 18, it stunk, literally. The bed spreads were old and patched. The instructions on the wall ask you to clean up after yourself...wash dishes, take out garbage etc. In the morning the toilet clogged. No plunger in the room, no phone to call the receptionist so I called on my cell and the male owner answered. He told me to come to the office to get "the" plunger. Room 18 and others are not attached to the main building. It is -10 in February, bring it to me. Or better yet, splurge and have one in each room. All in all it is a dump, but you expect that for the price. Lack of customer vision / service is what really make this place a no stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Chucbo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washburn
AmericInn Ashland
#2 of 2 in Washburn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
#1 of 15 in Bayfield

Been to North Coast Inn & Chalets? Share your experiences!