“Not what I expected for lunch”

Findlay's Holiday Inn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I ate lunch with a tour group and did not really enjoy the meal. It was pre-selected so we really got no choice. We were first served a chicken vegetable soup. It was ok. Next, I tried my best to enjoy the open-faced sandwiches. It did not work for me. On my plate there were three pieces of bread spread with egg salad, ham salad and chicken salad. I managed to eat the potato chips and scrape off the spread so I could eat some of the bread. Since there is no sweet tea north of Kentucky, I was stuck with either water or lemonade. The cherry pie was quite good. The service was good and restaurant was clean. It just was not a good experience and I went away hungry, to be honest. I would be interested to see what other offerings they have for lunch. I cannot recommend it based on what I ate. You might enjoy it more than I did based on other meal choices.

There are newer reviews for Findlay's Holiday Inn

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I went here because they said it was the best perch on the island. I gave it two stars as it did not have a fishy taste and most perch does have a bit. The problem is it did not have any flavor and for $20 a plate it should taste good. The other issue was the service was slow while the restaurant was not full (1/4 full).

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The Friday night all-you-can eat perch just melts in your mouth. One of the best meals we've ever eaten and certainly the best perch fry!

1  Thank Alle
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Family style all you can eat Friday. Thank you Uncle Don Jensen for introducing us to such great Washington Island food and friendly Washington Island people. We loved our visit to Washington Island and hope to return in the future.

3  Thank Rose V