“Fun & Educational”

Washington Island Art and Nature Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My kids love this place! While it isn't very big it is hands on and the staff do a great job at interacting with the kids. I was trying to catch the grasshoppers and crickets all around but was challenged!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Nature Center has taken great care to be attractive to kids. Gallery had lots of local art and sculpture, but seemed very pricey. Staff was preoccupied with a local visitor so I didn't interrupt her. One buck entrance fee, I would have paid even more.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was one of the places we visited while on Washington Island. It was very interesting and I'd recommend it to anyone visiting the Island.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I visited the Center with our three grandchildren. We had planned to stay only a short time, but the grandchildren loved it and we were there for an hour and a half. While the nature museum is informative, it is particularly aimed at children.While we were there our grandchildren got to play with live snakes (harmless), crawdads, and toads; watch honey bees in a cutaway hive; create electrical current with a crank, study archeology in a tent; and many more activities. The volunteer staff is friendly and helpful. All this made it our favorite attraction on Washington Island.

1  Thank BillW611