“Great Motel”
Review of Townliner Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Washington Island
Townliner Motel
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Cute little motel right in the middle of the island. In walking distance to many bars and restaurants. We stayed in #4 with the kitchen. It was fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, ect. To check in you have to go to the liquor store across the street. The "office" on site has a hair dryer, iron, and board games to borrow. We will defiantly stay here on our next trip up to the island.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank ahubacher

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights with our dog. Loved that the room had a small kitchen and livingroom. Nice area to grill or have a fire. Its right by most of the shops which makes it easy to walk to. Quiet and peaceful with some comforts of home!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank DelighThEye
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed here two nights. It was across from a little store, and next to a large empty field. Old bldg, older appliances in room, fridge, large and clean. There was a table and older couch in a room with a nice big window. Bed was ok. Everything ok. Nothing special, economical is best description. Coffeemaker was present and dishes and dish soap. WI Fi worked well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed there on July 4th. I was in Room 5. The room was surprisingly nice for the reasonable price we got it for as everything else was pretty expensive else where and much higher in door county.

The only issue that existed was the neighbors- I kept hearing their kid stomp back and forth across the floor for hours and it would of been perfect in that room if we didn't have inconsiderate neighbors with obnoxious kid doing that. I would of expected fire works but it was surprisingly sooooo quiet around there besides the noisy kid...lol.They also had satellite but only got 4 channels on it and during the storm it went out several times. I guess the only reason we'd want more channels is to drown out the kid stomping across the floor for hours. lol..Sorry to keep bringing up the kid but seriously that kid was bad and one would think the parents would get tired of a kid stomping back and forth on a floor like that but who knows maybe they just block everything out but it annoyed us.

I will definitely be back to this place but I will be sure to book way in advance and for a room not near anyone with kids though. ( we live and learn...lol)

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not near a family with kids if you are just a couple coming to visit for rela...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cookiesncream76
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was in Room 8, which has a spacious bathroom, walk-in shower, 2 queen beds, refrigerator and coffee maker. The TV has limited reception. There are 2 grills on the property if you want to have a picnic. Bring your own hair dryer and iron. The WiFi reception is excellent in my room. That was great since I was on a business trip. The room is clean. The only drawback was a soft mattress. The office is across the street at the liquor store- there's also soft drinks available there. It is in walking distance to the main street shops. Overall, it's a very good place to stay for a reasonable price. I will be returning!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Dawn V
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We recently visited Washington Island, we decided to spend the night and picked the Townliner Motel it was very clean, quiet and felt right at home!!!!!!! The kids loved the big yard to run around in!!!! The prices were alot more reasonable then other places on the island, if we go back we will be staying there again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank buddy162
Reviewed 13 July 2010

The rooms are extremely clean and spacious for a "small town motel". Our room had a king sized bed, small kitchen table with two chairs, two nightstands, a small desk, dorm fridge, and a small dresser. The room had a small window in the bathroom and a small window facing the sidewalk. The units with a kitchenette in them have a large picture window and screen door, so if natural light is a "must" you might want to go with one of those.

I'm glad I threw my hair dryer in my suitcase as there wasn't one in the room (unless it was in the dresser drawers). Counter space in the bathroom was at a premium - there was only about 4 inches of vanity on each side of the sink. Our unit had enough room that it would've been nice to have a shelf or two over the towel bar to put our toiletry bags on so they were out of the way.

The low rating on the sleep quality is due to room #6 having a very firm mattress and I don't sleep well on hard surfaces. :)

Overall, the Townliner is reasonably priced and centrally located to most of the Island attractions/businesses. This was our second trip to the Island - hopefully won't be our last.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank michmill

Been to Townliner Motel? Share your experiences!