“Horrible”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Watertown
Saint Jerome, Canada
“Horrible”
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Not clean, cheap breakfast, carpet in the room dirty, bath dirty, sheet don't fit on the bed

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DJMamie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 22 April 2009

Nice hotel, and for the most part nice staff except for one person who was very rude every time she worked. Rooms were clean and so was pool and spa. The only bad thing about this hotel is the doors slam shut which makes it hard to sleep, install door closers and that would solve that problem.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 4 April 2009

I've stayed here a dozen times over the last five years because I'm a creature of habit -- the ultimate loyal customer -- but I will never go near this hotel again. I've had many awful experiences here.

Once, I was given a room that turned out to be entirely dismantled -- towels strewn everywhere, sheets on the floor and on the desk, garbage can on the bed, etc. The front desk thought it was "weird" but did not apologize.

Once, I made the mistake of trying their WiFi. The only instructions for Mac users was to call a phone number, which I did. It was an answering machine that just said, "Hi, I'm not home, but leave a message." So I left several messages over the course of several days, and nobody ever called any of the numbers I repeatedly gave. Hard to imagine a worse WiFi experience.

Once, I my phone had a blinking light, indicating a message. I asked the front desk how to retrieve it. They said it meant someone had spoken to the front desk, but they had no record of it. "Was it your family? Or business?" they asked. I had a message, and THEY asked ME what it was. Totally absurd.

Once, I was at the front desk to pay my bill. A TV was on loud and the woman had her back turned toward me, going through some papers. When she snapped, very angrily, "CAN I HELP YOU SIR?" I realized she had asked a few times before, but I had not understood she had, because her back was turned toward me and it was a noisy lobby. I said, calmly, that I was sorry and that I thought she was being a bit rude. And she seemed to start to cry. It was a completely insane experience -- like an asylum.

I will never, never, never go near this place again I have complained to Super 8, and after more than a year, they have not responded.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank McKinney64

Travellers are raving about these Watertown hotels

Dayton, OH
Reviewed 13 August 2007

We hadn't anticipated our visit to WI and didn't have any reservations, so we were driving from motel to motel to see if anyone would let us in at 5 am. After being turned down elsewhere, the desk clerk at the Super 8 welcomed us.

He only had a smoking room available, but he invited us to check it first to make sure it would be okay. The proposed rate was very reasonable and the early check-in was a godsend. We were really thankful for that.

The room was definitely a "budget" room, but you get what you pay for. The bathroom had a really weird layout and I ran into the toilet trying to step out of the shower. Everything was fairly clean and comfortable.

The only thing that went really wrong with our visit was this: we had been gone all day and returned late that evening to find our room door standing open We were alarmed by this and peeped in, then went to the front desk to ask if there was anything we should know.
The desk clerk (same guy attended the desk the entire time we were there) said he didn't know why our door would have been open, and was content to leave it at that. He asked if maybe we had left the door open, which I knew we hadn't done. It couldn't have been Housekeeping, either, as we exchanged our towels with her outside the room and told her she didn't need to clean it.

Fortunately, nothing seemed to be missing or tampered-with. It was just sort of unnerving.

Overall, though...friendly, comfortable place, and the door thing was probably a fluke. I was also surprised at the complimentary continental breakfast- not used to seeing those at "budget" places.

• Liked — friendly manager/desk clerk, flexibile check-in policy, reasonable rate, good quality for the $
  • Disliked — slightly questionable security, but that may have been a fluke. Don't leave valuables in room; bring clothespins to clip curtans shut
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watertown
Heritage Inn Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 1 in Lake Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc

Been to Super 8 Watertown WI? Share your experiences!