The Country Springs Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor waterparklife guardspizzasnack barwater slidesgreat for kidsdonutsall agestriple playthe indoor outdoor hot tublots of funadjoining roomsfree continental breakfastmilwaukee areaone night staywe've stayedblast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a small, cute water park. Not a Kalahari by any means. There's a lazy river, a couple of slides and pools as well as a jungle gym type kid area. It was fun. The arcade is pretty big-the kids (7 and 10) like it and were happy. The room we had was big-the bathroom is bigger than my bedroom at home! A huge jacuzzi tub-definitely the highlight of the trip. There is a pretty courtyard with beautiful landscaping. We ate at a breakfast buffet located at a restaurant inside the hotel. The service was great. The food-alright. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get one with the giant jacuzzi!!
1  Thank WisconsinUnclejesse
CSH2810, Front Office Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent visit to our property. Our intention is to ensure each and every guest has an exceptional experience. We are very happy to hear you will be visiting us again. Please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs, this way we can make sure you are reserved in an executive suite with one of those Awesome bathrooms.
Also, if you have any suggestions on different items you would like to see on the breakfast buffet, please feel free to let us know. It is your comments that continue to make us better and reach our goals. Have a wonderful day and look forward to seeing you again.

sbarton@countryspringshotel.com
262-970-5423

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Probably just better to bullet point this

1) Puke in the shower drain that filled into the tub. When we let the front desk know, we were told that it wasn't puke. Trust me - the red and brown chunks were puke.

2) Pink stain on bed spread

3) Didn't use waterpark although paid for it. My teenage daughter said it was too dirty but I didn't see it.

4) Almost forgot 4 am fire alarms. Also caused me to oversleep, missing continental breakfast.
4) Checking in was efficient. Didn't check out because lobby was full of new guests and only one woman working.

1  Thank Kathy M
CSH2810, Front Office Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Our intention is to provide every guest with exceptional service and exceed their expectations. We obviously fell short in multiple areas during your visit and would like to make that up to you. If you would like to discuss your visit further or if we could invite you back for a future visit to our park please feel free to contact me at 262-547-0201 or you are welcome to email me at sbarton@countryspringshotel.com
We appreciate your patronage very much and your comments will most certainly be addressed. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Make it a great day and thank you for your time.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2013

The Pro's - the hotel was lovely, clean and well kept. The bathroom was huge. The breakfast was very good. The waterpark was wonderful the first night. It is on the smaller side, but that made it fun for the family to wander without any issues. We loved the slides, the lazy river, the water temperature, the pool with basketball, and the indoor/outdoor hottub.
The Con's - they literally brought in busloads (at least 4 full busses) of unsupervised kids upon opening the waterpark. The pool was wall-to-wall kids and there were still more coming in. We had to wait more than 20 minutes for a slide and there were kids trying to get in front in line. There were kids running all over and doing flips into the pools. It was over-crowded and out-of-control.
Unless we were guaranteed that there would not be busloads of kids, we won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your room and other amenities. That is fantastic to hear and it shows that our dedication to superior service is working. I am however sorry to hear that you did not have the same experience in the water park during our visits from areas schools, clubs and other children's organizations. Summer is quite a fun time for children and water parks so if it would help you, always know that you can call ahead of time and we can provide a projection of how busy our water park will be. Please feel free to contact me at 262-547-0201 if you would like to discuss anything further and again thank you for your time. Make it a great day!

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is for those that are just visiting the waterpark for the day..

I made a trip there for the first time for a pre birthday celebration.

1) Staff was pleasant and accommodating! We made the half hour trip there, got dropped off at about 11:30 am and found out that the other person in the party forgot part of their bathing suit. The lady at the desk was made aware after I had to call our ride back and right away she was going to reinstate our splash passes for another day. We ended up staying anyways.

2) We were informed right away that a large group (a couple hundred) of rowdy kids would be there until 3. Rowdy was an understatement. It was nuts. There was no where to go because the kids were everywhere. The life guards were on their toes as the kids refused to listen or share their space. The whirlpool was out of commission due to pouring rain, so except for the arcade, we were stuck eating and watching everyone else have fun. It sucked big time. I heard many people complaining to the front desk and from what i also heard, my experience was tame. This coming friday, 500 ppl are scheduled to come in. That's way too many in my opinion.

Once 3 came around, it was fun and peaceful. We stayed until close to maximize what time we did have. The arcade was awesome though!

So all in all, my experience was worth half of what I paid for, since we did not get to do anything remotely fun for 4 hours. I am glad I didn't rent a room, like I was originally planning. Not worth it. I do plan on going again in hopes if i call ahead, I can plan a bit better.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We had plans in the Milwaukee area on the afternoons of Saturday July 6 and Sunday July 7, so we thought we'd treat the kids to a hotel stay with a water park instead of driving back and forth to our home in Madison. We arrived at the hotel hot and anxious to go swimming around 4 p.m. When we checked into our room we were told that because we had booked our room through Expedia, the water park was not included in the $145 we had paid. I was shocked and said that was not made clear in the reservation and the desk person told me that it should have been printed clearly on my Expedia confirmation.

She first offered to charge me a surcharge of $25 per person per day (she would not count the overnight between 4 p.m. and 11 a.m. checkout as one day). I was shocked. She was suggesting we pay $200 to use the water park while we were at the hotel. She then offered to reduce the surcharge to their weekday rate of $15 per person per day for a total of $120. At that point she said take it or leave it. My reservation was prepaid. If it hadn't been I would have left at that point. I told her I had to check the reservation myself and searched for it on my iphone. She looked visibly annoyed by me and said that was what I should expect when I booked through a 3rd party vendor and not the hotel directly. I told her that I travel frequently and often use Expedia and have never had anything similar happen before. She treated me like I was lying or naive. I asked her what the rate with the water park would have been if I booked it through them directly and she told me $199.

Due to a poor wireless connection it was a slow process and I tried the guest computers in the lobby but those seemed to have the same problem as my phone. I finally found the reservation and showed it to the desk attendant saying I could not find any indication on it that the water park was excluded and there were photos of the water park all over the hotel information section. She looked at it and then pointed to a section of the confirmation under the heading of Additional Hotel Services and in small print it said "A fee will be charged for use of certain facilities" There was no other statement anywhere which would have alerted us to the fact that they meant the highly advertised water park. I looked at her with dismay. She finally grudgingly said that she would give us the passes. So while she made it right in the end, she made us feel like freeloaders and 2nd class guests for booking through Expedia.

The proposed charge of $25 a day was highway robbery. After I got home, I looked at their website and the difference between their rate that includes the water park and their rate that excludes the water park is $10 per room not per person. So while they wanted to charge us $200 for use of a facility, they would have only charged us $10 if we had booked through them. I suppose some of the blame falls on Expedia too for not making it clear that the water park was excluded, but who knows what the hotel disclosed to them on this issue. In the end, it was the hotel that should have provided better customer service in addressing this situation.

By the way, the water park is OK but small compared to other water park resorts. My kids enjoyed it for a few hours, but then decided not to return to it the next morning. I wouldn't spend $25 a day on it even if I wasn't staying at the hotel.

The hotel itself is very dated. Our room had a very humid feel to it and smelled musty and moldy. The air conditioner was very loud. We had a lovely view of a wall 6 feet outside our window. The sheets and carpeting felt damp too.

Several years ago I had stayed here for business a few times, and I don't remember it being bad at that time. However, I can guarantee I will never stay here again.

1  Thank travelbugMadison_WI