All reviewscountry springs hotellife guardsindoor waterparkpizzadonutsall agestriple playwater basketballlots of funfree continental breakfastwe've stayedone night staymilwaukee areablasttubebeerswaterslides
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is your typical nice, clean hotel. The waterpark is always nice & fun. The restaurants inside the hotel aren't anything to write home about, & you think they're fairly priced until you see the small portions you're getting. The wait staff is terrible, and I say this about both restaurants. They don't notice when you need another drink, & when you ask for one they take 10 min to get it to you. The breakfast was very average & you're much better off jumping on the expressway going down a few exits to a Perkins. My son waited over 5 min for a fork after our food was brought because the waitress decided to bus her tables first, in fact she never brought one we grabbed one off of a clean table set up. We all ordered food that required syrup & got one tiny cup of syrup and it took over 5 min to get more & our food was cold when we ate it because we had to wait so long. I waited for my toast & when i got it, one of the pieces was the end piece of the loaf! The waitress gave us our bill & after 10 min I took it to the hostess to run because we were so sick of waiting. Hotel nice, but there are so many nearby restaurants with good food that's worth what you pay with wait staff that's capable of doing their job well, don't waste your money at these restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel needs an update. The grounds are nice, but the rooms are shabby. Skip the breakfast buffet, it is downright horrible. The employees we encountered were all nice, but unless you are here for the waterpark or an event, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: The executive wing might have more updated rooms.
1  Thank inthevalley
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed here for a wedding. This hotel is old but appears to be well maintained. The primary issue I had was the atmosphere - everything was dark, the carpets, the wall paper, the curtains. It gave the place the appearance of being stuffy and dusty. The rooms were generic and contained old standard furniture. For example, dominating the room was a large vintage 1980's entertainment center. It was huge and ugly and contained an old TV set. Most other hotels nowadays have furniture that is designed specifically for the room. And they all contain flat screen TVs. For the relatively high price charged, I would have expected a lot more.

Finally, when serving coffee they would pour hot coffee into cold cups. This is a big no no. It cools the coffee to a sub-optimal temperature. Then, they provide cold milk that makes the already lukewarm coffee outright unbearable. I would have gladly paid extra for a hot and well-made latte or cappuccino but, needless to say, this was not on the menu. Thank goodness Caribou Coffee was only 5 minutes away.

1  Thank DHWShanghai
CSH2810, Front Office Manager at The Ingleside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It appears that we fell short in exceeding your expectations during your last visit. Our intention is to make sure guests are 100% satisfied before departing our property. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone so we can further assist you with you concerns. The condition of your room will be addressed with staff as well as the beverage service. I do look forward to hearing from you and do hope you have a great day. Thank you for your time.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The room appeared clean, but the sink was very slow to drain and there was a burnt out light bulb over the sink. There was also a funky smell down some of the hallways. The water park was ok to entertain the kids for a couple of hours, but it's rather small. It was convenient since we attended an event at the hotel, but I will not choose this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please know we do not like to fall short of exceeding our guest expectations. I am so sorry that you did not find our hotel to be 100% satisfying. Our 45,000 square foot indoor water park is a nice family destination and we do hope that you will maybe visit our park again with day passes. If you would like to discuss your guest room concerns further please do not hesitate to contact me. I would appreciate your additional comments very much. Look forward to talking with you and have a great day.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a small, cute water park. Not a Kalahari by any means. There's a lazy river, a couple of slides and pools as well as a jungle gym type kid area. It was fun. The arcade is pretty big-the kids (7 and 10) like it and were happy. The room we had was big-the bathroom is bigger than my bedroom at home! A huge jacuzzi tub-definitely the highlight of the trip. There is a pretty courtyard with beautiful landscaping. We ate at a breakfast buffet located at a restaurant inside the hotel. The service was great. The food-alright. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get one with the giant jacuzzi!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WisconsinUnclejesse

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent visit to our property. Our intention is to ensure each and every guest has an exceptional experience. We are very happy to hear you will be visiting us again. Please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs, this way we can make sure you are reserved in an executive suite with one of those Awesome bathrooms.
Also, if you have any suggestions on different items you would like to see on the breakfast buffet, please feel free to let us know. It is your comments that continue to make us better and reach our goals. Have a wonderful day and look forward to seeing you again.