“Great hotel with lots to do”

The Country Springs Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel has it all. The restaurant has fantastic food. I highly recommended the spinach and artichoke dip. They have a wide selection of beers, and a big variety of martinis. The waterparks has three big rides, two are tube rides and one is a body slide. There is also a very large hot tub that is half inside and half outside. The arcade is very fun and not too pricey either for being in a hotel.

I highly recommend it for families or couples.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Country Springs Hotel

Reviewed 18 September 2013

. One of the worst hotels that I have stayed in. We were staying here on a business trip that was booked by our company. We actually left our rooms several hours early to go sit at Starbucks and wait for our flight time. Carpets are disgusting and need to be replaced, not cleaned. The entire hotel needs to be updated as it has an old 1980s feel to it. My room smelled awful. The pillows stunk of stale cigarette smoke and were about 4 inches thick. The hotel internet was unusable as it was constantly disconnecting and terribly slow. None of us was able to get any work done for the entire day. When I called the desk to find out why the internet was so bad I was told that "probably too many people are on it." What? The continental breakfast that was provided was awful. They really couldn't have put much less effort into that set up. Absolutely the worst I have ever seen. Brown bananas, old oranges, and an array of cheap carbs. I honestly couldn't wait to get out of this place. I am on the road 200 days a year and have never been this uncomfortable in any hotel. We had three rooms and the experience was identical in each of them. If you appreciate a quality comfortable stay, avoid this place. One exit down there were many other options and the prices were very competitive. On a positive note, the staff was very pleasant but they only have limited resources to work with.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Jmquinlan
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed in the executive suites, the beds were comfy, the room was big, nice big bathroom.
Five of us stayed in the room and we had plenty of room for everything. If we needed anything they were prompt bringing it to the room. I would stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ann k
CSH2810, Front Office Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to review our property from your recent visit. Our goal to provide each guest superior service and have them leave with a postive memorable experience! I am so glad we delivered. We look forward to you visiting us again and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks Again!

Front Office Manager
262-970-523

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Nice stay. Our room was away from hwy and the water park area. Reunion facilities were great and the food was excellent. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Milwaukee was far away enough away, but close enough to be accessible. Madison, the Dells, etc are short drives. Only downside was the poor cell service.

Room Tip: ask to be away from hwy and water park
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Morning and Thank You!! We are so please to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. We strive to provide excellent guest service. Thank you especially for the kind words about our delicious food and great banquet facility. Our beautiful hotel has amazing food quality and we are so happy you experienced that. We are constantly trying to increase our WIFI service and are seeing improvements already. We look forward to seeing you again and thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Front Office Manager
262-970-5423

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I didn't want to give this establishment a low crating, I wanted it to be great and give it "5's" but there are some issues you need to know about prior to staying here. First off, the hotel is very worn. The carpets are downright disgusting. The hallway to our room on the first floor smelled strongly of urine. The odor was in our room slightly also. It's the carpets, they need replacing. The fitted sheets do not stay on the bed, they don't fit. The "comforter" was smelly and I'm sure hadn't been washed in months. The TVs are old and cut off half the picture, so imagine watching the news with the reporter half off the screen and the info cut off at the bottom. We ate in The bar & grill and the service was despicable. The server was also the bartender and ignored us completely after bringing out our food, which was pretty good. She was too busy using profanity (children in the room) and talking about her health problems to refill our drinks or bring us a bill. I had to go up to the bar and ask for our bill after sitting abd waiting for over 10 mins after we had all finished eating and she made no apologies for that. The waterpark is fun. Our children aged 7,6 and 4 loved the 3 waterslides. The biggest issue here is the massive amount of day visitors in the waterpark. Wow, you would think they would limit the number of passes sold to avoid crowding this place as it isn't a large place but school buses if children arrived on our second day and my kids were no longer having fun because the wait to get on slides was too long and the pools were filled. We only spent about an hour in there that day and then left, it was ridiculous. The first evening from 6-8pm there wasn't an overflow of visitors so we enjoyed the waterpark very much. So if you are only planning to use the waterpark in the evening it might be safe to say it won't be overcrowded but I wouldn't plan on enjoying it from the time it opens until 5PM. I wouldn't recommend this hotel, nor will I stay ever again unless they update the place and limit the number of day passes sold to the public.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank WITVRL

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your visit. Our intention is to always provide superior service and make sure you are 100% satsified. I am so sorry that was obviously not what happend during your visit. We do take into careful consideration how many groups we are booking with our overnight guests. The 45,000 square foot Water Park is never sold to capacity with our groups and while busy we do make sure to have plenty of lifeguards and management available to oversee the little one's while they are having a blast in the park. In regards to the rest of your stay I would love to talk to you in more detail so we can correct what happened or see if you would like to come back for another visit. Please feel free to contact me directly at 262-970-5423 or via email at sbarton@countryspringshotel.com. Thank you so much for your thoughts and look forward to speaking with you .

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had about 10 rooms for various members of our family. Everyone was very happy with their room. The party room was excellent. The food was great. The staff made us ALL feel at home. We all had a great time. I would hold the party there again and I recommend it to you.

Room Tip: I stayed in the executive suit area and it was worth the cost of the upgrade.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Good Afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy to hear you had such a fabulous experience. We are continuously training our staff and making improvements to make sure our guests have the superior service and excellent time they deserve. We do hope to see you again and if you need assistance in securing your reservations you are always welcome to contact me directly. Have a fantastic day and thanks again for your time and thoughts.

262-970-5423
sbarton@countryspringshotel.com

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here with my family for a quick getaway from Chicago. The staff was really nice, however, I did not like that I could not use my cell phone or computer unless I was OUTSIDE the hotel. This was an inconvenience when you have a 2 year old toddler and need access to a telephone in order to keep up with other family while at the hotel. The maid service was very slow and I had to enter my room while it was being cleaned due to my toddler falling asleep after the water park on Saturday. I wished that the rooms were updated; I ordered room service and the pot of coffee was very weak. I called room service and I was told that what I had was a mistake and another pot of coffee was sent in order to rectify that one, but it was weak as well. I did not find a good cup of coffee until I left.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha
Best Western Waukesha Grand
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#4 of 4 in Pewaukee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
The Clarke Hotel
The Clarke Hotel
#3 of 9 in Waukesha

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!