The Country Springs Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsindoor waterparklife guardspizzasnack barwater slidesgreat for kidsdonutsall agestriple playthe indoor outdoor hot tublots of funadjoining roomsfree continental breakfastmilwaukee areaone night staywe've stayedblast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I nervously made our reservations for the Country Springs Hotel, but were pleasantly surprised. While the decor is not brand new, it is not as outdated and worn as we feared. Our room was the on the first floor and was in very good, clean condition. While it was on the small side, the bathroom was quite large and handicap accessible. Staff were helpful and friendly. The water park was fantastic, as was the smaller hotel pool. The morning breakfast was good too. We ate in the restaurant for dinner one night and found that very nice as well. The hotel has what appears to be an active conference business and we noticed that attendees also stayed at the hotel. There was a nice mix of families and professionals in the hotel. Our one complaint is that the rooms (on the first floor at least) are not sound proof at all. You can hear hall and room activity pretty clearly. For the most part this wasn't a problem, as the people around us were not overly loud. Overall, we had a nice time at this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear 1960Lisa,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at the Country Springs Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Additionally, we are glad that you were happy with the facilities including the water park, indoor pool, restaurant, and your guest room. Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Country Springs Hotel! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel due to a family member was having their wedding reception here. The rooms were average. The décor was outdated, the fridge wasn't working, the mattresses were hard and uncomfortable. The nice thing was even though they were having 5 wedding receptions going on, all the banquet rooms were located on the otherside of hotel from the rooms so the noise from the parties didn't carry over to guest rooms.

Room Tip: bring your own pillow, the hotel's are flat.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Pauline H.,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at the Country Springs Hotel. We apologize that your guest room did not meet your expectations and wish we would have had the opportunity to address your concern about the refrigerator in your room not working. I welcome you to contact me (information below) if you would like to discuss your stay or if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have only been to this location for the use of the indoor waterpark. Due to the reviews & pictures of the hotel rooms I'm reluctant to stay, as it appears outdated & overpriced. We live about 20 min. from the hotel, so it's a good rainy day or winter season activity for kids under 12. The waterpark & locker rooms are very clean & tidy. The waterpark is on the smaller side, but in this area it's all we have, so it's worth going to at least once a year. I'd say after 3+ hours or so you've really done all that you can do & numerous times at that. It would be nice if the pool area was bigger. You basically have to join in on water basketball or dodge the balls coming your way. No real area to swim openly. The slides are fun. For the size of the waterpark I'd say the slide options are good. 2 that use tubes & 2 that don't. The lazy river is ok, but if they made that a tad smaller maybe the pool could have been bigger??? Just a thought! The little kids part is cute. Shallow & a fair amount of climbing, splashing, water fun for little ones. The indoor/outdoor hot tub is nice for adults. You can catch some sun & stay warm. The only thing that was a drawback was at lifeguard shift change they would come in/out the side door by the hot tub & the gate was very noisy (it would slam shut) & the teens were quickly putting out their cigs before entering. It just didn't seem too professional & it was quite a loud process, so it took a bit away from the relaxing atmosphere of what is supposed to be the outdoor hot tub. Also, the music they were playing outside was really tacky. It was elevator music or something??? They should put some more relevant music on. The adults & kids that I was with all made a comment about the music being awkward. Overall, this place is fun for an afternoon of indoor play, but the price for passes isn't all that affordable, so you really have to plan it to get the most for your money. That being said, feed yourselves before you come (no carry in's) & make use of the locker room showers afterward (bring your own soap & shampoo). The locker room is nice & the shower area was clean & large w/ modern updated tile work, so I actually didn't mind washing off the chlorine in the space w/ my flip flops on (typically locker rooms gross me out & I'd rather clean-up at home).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nicole K
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Nicole K.,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent visit to The Springs Water Park. We are glad to hear that your family enjoyed our 45,000 sq. ft. indoor water park and that you found both the park and the locker rooms to be clean and tidy. I also appreciate your feedback about the gate in the hot tub area being noisy during shift changes and your suggestion about changing the background music to more modern music. I have passed those comments along to our water park management team. We look forward to having you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We surprised my 2 sons, ages 3 and 6, this past Thursday and took them to the waterpark and hotel for the night. We had a great time and a great overall experience- but just a few things to note:
- The side entrance we used to get to our room from the parking lot was SOO outdated and dirty looking with blue carpet and wallpaper, I got very scared, as it looked Bates motel-esq. It can not cost that much to update those entrances, as they are first impressions, and do not match the rest of the hotel, so I am not sure why this has not been done.
-The room was still outdated, but not nearly as bad as the entrances. It had a nice flat screen and was clean. It was a good price- we paid $109 on a weeknight in the summer with 4 water park passes included. Water passes for the day for the 4 of us would have cost $100 ($25 each) so it was worth it to stay.
- The beds still had the old style poly ugly print comforters, and a very, very thin blanket. They need to update to the washable down bedding that most hotels have gone to. We froze even with the air shut off because of the lack of blankets (I won't use the nasty comforter). The pillows were also as flat as could be. But we slept well and did not notice outside noise.
-The waterpark was great. Clean, fun, good size for our age kids, very attentive life guards. We also ate pizza for dinner from the snack bar because I could not pry away my kiddos-- and that too was good. Although for some reason it is $1.00 cheaper to order it from room service from your room, instead of having it inside the waterpark. Hate getting nickel and dimed! All waterpark staff was great- including the gals in the snack bar.
-Thursday night at the water park was perfect! Could not have asked for a better time. We expected that during the day during summer vacation there would be many daycare groups there-- our sons daycare was actually there when we were. They do sell the day passes, and with WI weather, it makes sense to bring groups of kids to the waterpark. But to me it seems Country Springs let too many daycare/youth groups in for the day. The number of kids (who did not have parents, just group leaders with them) became overwhelming and so we left at about 1:30pm, earlier than expected. I think the lifeguards did a good job of supervising and they were adequately staffed-- but the lines, the lazy river, the lack of a place to sit, the volume, kids cutting in front of you-- made it too much. One group marched in at about 1pm, that must have had over 70 kids with them- and there was already at least 5 other big groups already there. The park is just not that big.
-Arcade was nice, but pricey. My boys each blew through $5 in about 3 minutes! But the attendant was very nice and patient with the kids.

Love the location of this place. Love the size of the waterpark- and I like how safe I feel with being able to watch my kids from pretty much anywhere in the park. They just need to update and limit the number of day passes they offer!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lovesgoldens

Dear lovesgoldens,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about The Country Springs Hotel. I have shared your comments on the hotel and water park with our management team. We are glad to hear that you found the water park package to be a great value and that your two sons had a great time! It is also great to hear that you appreciated the size of the water park, attentiveness of the lifeguards, and friendliness of our staff. I do apologize that you did not have extra blankets in your guest room and wish we would have had the opportunity to provide additional bedding. We hope to have you visit us again in the future and again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the water park. I was extremely impressed by the attentiveness of the lifeguards. I felt that my 7 year old was safe even if she was out of my direct line of sight. There are 3 large slides that were really fun. The only complaint about the water park is that there were only two rafts for one of the slides which caused a line to form.
The rooms are in need of upgrades. The faucet was hard to turn off, the beds are old and the decor is outdated by about 15+ years. Also it looks like the room was spot cleaned. It was dusty except for the bathroom which was very clean.
I think the price of the room should include water park tickets. If you aren't coming here for the water park then the rooms are majorly over priced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cmcon81

Dear Cmcon81,

Thank you for writing a review about your visit to the Country Springs Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful! As for our lifeguards, I have passed along your positive comments on how attentive they were. Our lifeguards take the responsibility of protecting our guests very seriously and will appreciate that they made your family feel safe. Regarding your guest room, I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered and wish we could have learned about those issues during your stay. We hope you consider staying with us again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.