“The BEST customer service ever!”

The Country Springs Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The BEST customer service ever!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked a 1 night stay including the waterpark for my daughter's birthday. We checked in, went to our room to change for the waterpark. While checking out the room I noticed that the garbage was full and a dirty coffee cup was on the entertainment center. I called to see if they could send housekeeping to clean up while we swam. They said someone would call me back in a few minutes. A few minutes later the manager called herself and told us there was an error after the previous guest extended their stay and the room wasn't put in the queue to be cleaned. She immediately told me she was sending someone to transfer us and our bags to another room. It was in fact a governor's suite. In addition, she gave me a $50 credit on our stay. Our new room was Fabulous!!! All of the staff was very apologetic, kind and extremely helpful. It may not be the biggest or newest place around but it more than makes up for that with service. We will definitely be going back!

2 Thank Karri L
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Karri L.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is our goal to provide outstanding customer service to each and every guest. We are glad that you found our staff to be kind and helpful and that because of the outstanding guest service, you plan to visit us again in the future. Thank you for celebrating your daughter’s birthday at the Country Springs Hotel! We hope to see you again soon!

twoodward@countryspringshotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I booked my trip thru hotwire and ended up with the Country Springs hotel for $53/night. I personally think it was a good deal. There was nothing wrong with this hotel but it's dated. The bed was relatively comfortable (I used all 4 pillows because they were so flat) and the bathroom was spacious. This is not the Ritz Carlton but they don't try to be either. I wouldn't recommend this place for business travelers because it is very remote. I'm sure it would be great for families that want to utilize the water park and be able to walk back to the room without getting in the car.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask to be put in the executive part of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear DavidJ:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and post a photo of your recent stay at the Country Springs Hotel. I appreciate your feedback about your guest room and am glad that you felt your stay was a good deal. Regarding the location, Country Springs Hotel is located right off of I-94 in Pewaukee, WI, which is only 18 miles from Milwaukee. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

Rockford, IL
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My TV remote did not work, the in room coffee pot did not work, the water flow in the sink was poor and then, did not drain well. The hallways are noisy and you can hear hall conversations. The room door is not tight so allows noise. The through the wall heat/cooling never got the temperature to a comfortable level. The hallways are long and the elevator is on the wrong end of the building. Lots of small things makes me want to avoid this venue in the future, especially with many choices in the area.

Room Tip: Can not advise. Rooms are best if near the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear BossRino,

Thank you for posting a review of the Country Springs Hotel on TripAdvisor. It is our goal to provide a positive guest experience to everyone that visits our property and we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We wish we would have had the opportunity to address the issues you had with your guest room during your stay and hope that you reconsider staying with us in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Minnesota
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I nervously made our reservations for the Country Springs Hotel, but were pleasantly surprised. While the decor is not brand new, it is not as outdated and worn as we feared. Our room was the on the first floor and was in very good, clean condition. While it was on the small side, the bathroom was quite large and handicap accessible. Staff were helpful and friendly. The water park was fantastic, as was the smaller hotel pool. The morning breakfast was good too. We ate in the restaurant for dinner one night and found that very nice as well. The hotel has what appears to be an active conference business and we noticed that attendees also stayed at the hotel. There was a nice mix of families and professionals in the hotel. Our one complaint is that the rooms (on the first floor at least) are not sound proof at all. You can hear hall and room activity pretty clearly. For the most part this wasn't a problem, as the people around us were not overly loud. Overall, we had a nice time at this hotel and would stay again.

Dear 1960Lisa,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at the Country Springs Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Additionally, we are glad that you were happy with the facilities including the water park, indoor pool, restaurant, and your guest room. Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Country Springs Hotel! We look forward to your next visit!

Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel due to a family member was having their wedding reception here. The rooms were average. The décor was outdated, the fridge wasn't working, the mattresses were hard and uncomfortable. The nice thing was even though they were having 5 wedding receptions going on, all the banquet rooms were located on the otherside of hotel from the rooms so the noise from the parties didn't carry over to guest rooms.

Room Tip: bring your own pillow, the hotel's are flat.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Pauline H.,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at the Country Springs Hotel. We apologize that your guest room did not meet your expectations and wish we would have had the opportunity to address your concern about the refrigerator in your room not working. I welcome you to contact me (information below) if you would like to discuss your stay or if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

Dousman, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have only been to this location for the use of the indoor waterpark. Due to the reviews & pictures of the hotel rooms I'm reluctant to stay, as it appears outdated & overpriced. We live about 20 min. from the hotel, so it's a good rainy day or winter season activity for kids under 12. The waterpark & locker rooms are very clean & tidy. The waterpark is on the smaller side, but in this area it's all we have, so it's worth going to at least once a year. I'd say after 3+ hours or so you've really done all that you can do & numerous times at that. It would be nice if the pool area was bigger. You basically have to join in on water basketball or dodge the balls coming your way. No real area to swim openly. The slides are fun. For the size of the waterpark I'd say the slide options are good. 2 that use tubes & 2 that don't. The lazy river is ok, but if they made that a tad smaller maybe the pool could have been bigger??? Just a thought! The little kids part is cute. Shallow & a fair amount of climbing, splashing, water fun for little ones. The indoor/outdoor hot tub is nice for adults. You can catch some sun & stay warm. The only thing that was a drawback was at lifeguard shift change they would come in/out the side door by the hot tub & the gate was very noisy (it would slam shut) & the teens were quickly putting out their cigs before entering. It just didn't seem too professional & it was quite a loud process, so it took a bit away from the relaxing atmosphere of what is supposed to be the outdoor hot tub. Also, the music they were playing outside was really tacky. It was elevator music or something??? They should put some more relevant music on. The adults & kids that I was with all made a comment about the music being awkward. Overall, this place is fun for an afternoon of indoor play, but the price for passes isn't all that affordable, so you really have to plan it to get the most for your money. That being said, feed yourselves before you come (no carry in's) & make use of the locker room showers afterward (bring your own soap & shampoo). The locker room is nice & the shower area was clean & large w/ modern updated tile work, so I actually didn't mind washing off the chlorine in the space w/ my flip flops on (typically locker rooms gross me out & I'd rather clean-up at home).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nicole K
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Nicole K.,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent visit to The Springs Water Park. We are glad to hear that your family enjoyed our 45,000 sq. ft. indoor water park and that you found both the park and the locker rooms to be clean and tidy. I also appreciate your feedback about the gate in the hot tub area being noisy during shift changes and your suggestion about changing the background music to more modern music. I have passed those comments along to our water park management team. We look forward to having you visit us again in the near future.

milwaukee
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We surprised my 2 sons, ages 3 and 6, this past Thursday and took them to the waterpark and hotel for the night. We had a great time and a great overall experience- but just a few things to note:
- The side entrance we used to get to our room from the parking lot was SOO outdated and dirty looking with blue carpet and wallpaper, I got very scared, as it looked Bates motel-esq. It can not cost that much to update those entrances, as they are first impressions, and do not match the rest of the hotel, so I am not sure why this has not been done.
-The room was still outdated, but not nearly as bad as the entrances. It had a nice flat screen and was clean. It was a good price- we paid $109 on a weeknight in the summer with 4 water park passes included. Water passes for the day for the 4 of us would have cost $100 ($25 each) so it was worth it to stay.
- The beds still had the old style poly ugly print comforters, and a very, very thin blanket. They need to update to the washable down bedding that most hotels have gone to. We froze even with the air shut off because of the lack of blankets (I won't use the nasty comforter). The pillows were also as flat as could be. But we slept well and did not notice outside noise.
-The waterpark was great. Clean, fun, good size for our age kids, very attentive life guards. We also ate pizza for dinner from the snack bar because I could not pry away my kiddos-- and that too was good. Although for some reason it is $1.00 cheaper to order it from room service from your room, instead of having it inside the waterpark. Hate getting nickel and dimed! All waterpark staff was great- including the gals in the snack bar.
-Thursday night at the water park was perfect! Could not have asked for a better time. We expected that during the day during summer vacation there would be many daycare groups there-- our sons daycare was actually there when we were. They do sell the day passes, and with WI weather, it makes sense to bring groups of kids to the waterpark. But to me it seems Country Springs let too many daycare/youth groups in for the day. The number of kids (who did not have parents, just group leaders with them) became overwhelming and so we left at about 1:30pm, earlier than expected. I think the lifeguards did a good job of supervising and they were adequately staffed-- but the lines, the lazy river, the lack of a place to sit, the volume, kids cutting in front of you-- made it too much. One group marched in at about 1pm, that must have had over 70 kids with them- and there was already at least 5 other big groups already there. The park is just not that big.
-Arcade was nice, but pricey. My boys each blew through $5 in about 3 minutes! But the attendant was very nice and patient with the kids.

Love the location of this place. Love the size of the waterpark- and I like how safe I feel with being able to watch my kids from pretty much anywhere in the park. They just need to update and limit the number of day passes they offer!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank lovesgoldens
Dear lovesgoldens,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about The Country Springs Hotel. I have shared your comments on the hotel and water park with our management team. We are glad to hear that you found the water park package to be a great value and that your two sons had a great time! It is also great to hear that you appreciated the size of the water park, attentiveness of the lifeguards, and friendliness of our staff. I do apologize that you did not have extra blankets in your guest room and wish we would have had the opportunity to provide additional bedding. We hope to have you visit us again in the future and again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

twoodward@countryspringshotel.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Best Western Waukesha Grand
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#4 of 4 in Pewaukee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha
Milwaukee Marriott West
Milwaukee Marriott West
#1 of 4 in Pewaukee

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!