“Good business stay”

The Country Springs Hotel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I have stayed here two times now. First time was in the business section (recommended). Room was nice, clean and quiet. Second stay was in main building closer to the water park where there was more hallway traffic and bit more noise, but the room appeared to have been recently remodeld and had new bedding. Two minor downsides. First, the mini-fridge in the second room was too noisy, I had to unplug to sleep. Second, the hotel is large and spread out which results in longer walks from car to room. Good restaurant on-site with large selection of bottled beer. I had an excellent shrimp dinner.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank RedKayaker

Reviewed 19 July 2010

We decided to spend the night here and surprise our kids (4 and 9) after a company picnic in the area. I read the bad reviews beforehand, and I was a little worried! Overall, the place is great. The waterpark is a little low key for me, and I got really bored after an hour - the kids liked it just fine. There are 2 slides you can use a raft on, and they are pretty much the EXACT same slide -one being a canoe type raft for 3 people, the other you have to bring a tube up. The body slide was good I thought. As soon as I was getting kind of scared due to the speed, it thankfully was the end. It wasn't crowded at all, but maybe because it's summer and it might be more so during the winter. We had a late dinner (about 8 p.m.) at Wildflowers, the restaurant there, and the service was really slow. We sat for several minutes before someone came over to take our drink order...and our dinner order at the same time. The drinks took a while to come and I was almost going to pass out as I was so hungry and thirsty. But our appetizer and food came quickly after that. The arcade was nice and we all enjoyed it. The rooms were average, and the bathroom looked updated and it was clean. I thought they needed to replace the mattresses (or maybe flip them) as it seemed like it sagged in the middle. As usual, the doors/walls are paper thin so anyone in the hall talking loud (and running) in the middle of the night woke me up, but that is to be expected.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank AKEP
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Pretty good value. Upgraded to Governors Suite for a few extra dollars. Very spacious room, well kept, clean, and comfortable.

Kids enjoyed the water park. The water park is more for kids under 13, I would say. When comparing it to other parks in the ares.

Food is very good, room serivce good and prompt. Pricing on food is very reasonable, as well as the room cost.

The executive wing of the hotel is the older section, I think. The decor is more like the fancy 80's style. With wall paper, and cherry dark woods. However, the rooms are very well kept, furniture is not wobbly, carpet is newer and clean.

We had a jacuzzi tub for 2 in the bathroom, and seperate shower and toilet. All fixtures were clean and in good working order.

For an older place, their maintenance seems top notch! Good job Maintenance team.

Free internet works VERY well, and would recommend this place to business travelers.

There is a privavte pool / spa area in the executive end, so if you dont want to go to the water park, simply go to this section.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ClickTheGeek
Reviewed 19 April 2010

To start with the room was small, out dated and smelled like smoke.
The waterpark seemed ok but very unruly. Alot of the patrons had ghetto mentality and manerisms. The only park security to be seen were a few fifteen year old lifeguards.
When complained to the "manager" Nancy Horton, she was ver rude and unprofessional. Your better off spending your time and money somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank vinoman13
Reviewed 13 April 2010

I had received a gift card at Christmas for an overnight stay. We stayed in the executive guest room - very large room with 2 double beds and a huge, oversized bathroom with 2-person whirlpool and separte shower, 2 sinks. Room was very spacious. Bathroom was very cool. It could have been a little cleaner. The room was very warm at night, very stuffy. We actually turned the a/c on (it was March). Beds were okay, but should have queen beds instead of double. As for the waterpark, it is nice but a little small. It has 2 tube slides, one body slide, a very small lazy river and another pool area. It is nice, but because they also allow day visitors who are not staying at the hotel, it gets VERY crowded. I can't complain too much because it was pretty much free for us, but if I had been paying I would have been upset. The hotel advertises two restaurants, but it is really one that is separated into two areas, one more standard casual dining and one more of a sports bar type atmosphere - but same menu. Restaurant is pretty pricey. Our bill for 4 of us was nearlly $100.00 - with no alcohol! Probably won't return - I would rather travel another hour north to the Dells.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nevergoinhome
Reviewed 21 February 2010

my wife and I stayed there to celebrate our anniversary. when we came home we felt worse than when we got there. the water park is a toddlers place, nothing for adults even the hot tube was small and full of kids. we stayed in the presidential suite it cost $13 to rent a movie. kids banged on our door at midnight, room service said I had to walk across the hotel to get a cork screw, when I did they said I had to bring my bottle to them to open. food, menu was limited and the food was average but over priced. I spent $250 dollars on one night and I cant think of one positive thing. and also the maid walked into our room an hour before checkout when we had the sign on the door and she didn't knock. I will never recommend or stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank traveler041387
Reviewed 17 January 2010

Stayed for a company party. Booked a king room and was put in the executive house wing. Don't let the title fool you. I booked a king room and got a room with two double beds. Complained but there wasn't any king rooms left. Room was clean but very outdated and beds looked like they came from someones cabin. No microwave or mini fridge like the king rooms but room was the same price. Did not use the water park.

• Stayed: January 2010
4  Thank fjp63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Best Western Waukesha Grand
Milwaukee Marriott West
Milwaukee Marriott West
#1 of 4 in Pewaukee

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!