“Horrible experience”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed 22 November 2010

My boyfriend and I went with our children for his sons birthday party. We were really looking forward to having a good time. Sad to say but the only good time I had was in the water park and I have a broken wrist. The room had blood on the walls, the sink was backed up and after plunging it there was black stuff that came up and never went down, they had wedding party guests on both sides of us so we were all woken up a few times by yelling, swearing, and doors slamming. The staff was extremely rude. They offered $30 off the room price. They also offered to switch rooms...at 12 midnight. When I went to complain all I got was "What do you want me to do about it?". The kids had a great time in the water park but it was too hot inside. I was sweating just sitting there. Also the lifeguards were not very pleasant. When we left, my boyfriend checked his bank account and found out they charged him $305 when the room was $158. We went back to get an explaination and ended up having the police called on us. The manager Ed apparently felt threatened by someone much smaller than he wearing a cast and having 2 children. This guy played it up amazingly. Very rude and didnt help in any way. Alot of nasty comments from him and even laughed about it. The officers even agreed with us. The day after we have left numerous messages for different managers and have yet to get a call back or an explaination as to why we paid $150 more than what we should have. To anyone visiting the hotel, good luck!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank MamaOfTwo00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
detroit, mi
Reviewed 25 October 2010

to start, i was greeted in my room by about 5-6 bugs, i think they crawled in through the a/c vent. which is no big deal, but i could see where others would prob make a big deal out of that,

the hotel is dated, but the beds were very comfy as were the pillows. the bathrooms were nice, shower was ok. My only big issue was with the chairs. the chairs in the rooms are beyond uncomfortable, as are the chairs in the bars, conference rooms, and everywhere else. they sag, and offer little support. Thankfully the beds made up for it. The chairs in the Copper bar are so bad I had to leave after 20 minutes.

Overall great location though, right off 94 and the food was good. Service was nice.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
chicago, IL
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel for their wi state fair package. For $149 you got a night at the hotel, watermark passes for all, 4 tix to state fair, a state fair backpack, and a few other items. Decent price.

The watermark is newer and is great for younger kids. It is small in comparison to those in the Dells, but big enough to have some good stuff. The slides were fun, but by no means extreme. Teenagers and older kids/young adults may find it boring, however it was just right for us. The rides were fun and fast enough and our 6 yr was ok going down them alone. There is also a toddler play area. The only I didn't like too much were the lifeguards-they were not the most friendly. While in the toddler area one of lifeguards was telling some young children not more than two that they were splashing too much. They were clearly just playing and not bothering anyone from what I could see. There was also a small pool area, lazy river and an activity pool.

The hotel was clearly old. It had been revamped somewhat to make it workable but that was about it. The rooms were clean but once again outdated by just about every sense of the word when compared to most chains. It was back to the rooms we stayed in on family vacations when I was a kid. Not much had been changed in the room.

The hotel had a free breakfast which again was ok but nothing special. It consisted of coffee, juice, donuts, a few pastries, fruit and cereal.

So it was an alright stay and I would stay again but if your looking for something that is special or will blow you away go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ntlwhlr
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 August 2010

i would just like to say this is a great place to bring the kids, and they have the greastest manager by the name of nancy, she took care of a problem for us with speed and really seemed to want to make our stay the greastest, we will be returning here again.....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bkozy
Northern Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I have stayed here two times now. First time was in the business section (recommended). Room was nice, clean and quiet. Second stay was in main building closer to the water park where there was more hallway traffic and bit more noise, but the room appeared to have been recently remodeld and had new bedding. Two minor downsides. First, the mini-fridge in the second room was too noisy, I had to unplug to sleep. Second, the hotel is large and spread out which results in longer walks from car to room. Good restaurant on-site with large selection of bottled beer. I had an excellent shrimp dinner.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank RedKayaker
Illinois
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We decided to spend the night here and surprise our kids (4 and 9) after a company picnic in the area. I read the bad reviews beforehand, and I was a little worried! Overall, the place is great. The waterpark is a little low key for me, and I got really bored after an hour - the kids liked it just fine. There are 2 slides you can use a raft on, and they are pretty much the EXACT same slide -one being a canoe type raft for 3 people, the other you have to bring a tube up. The body slide was good I thought. As soon as I was getting kind of scared due to the speed, it thankfully was the end. It wasn't crowded at all, but maybe because it's summer and it might be more so during the winter. We had a late dinner (about 8 p.m.) at Wildflowers, the restaurant there, and the service was really slow. We sat for several minutes before someone came over to take our drink order...and our dinner order at the same time. The drinks took a while to come and I was almost going to pass out as I was so hungry and thirsty. But our appetizer and food came quickly after that. The arcade was nice and we all enjoyed it. The rooms were average, and the bathroom looked updated and it was clean. I thought they needed to replace the mattresses (or maybe flip them) as it seemed like it sagged in the middle. As usual, the doors/walls are paper thin so anyone in the hall talking loud (and running) in the middle of the night woke me up, but that is to be expected.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AKEP
Madison
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Pretty good value. Upgraded to Governors Suite for a few extra dollars. Very spacious room, well kept, clean, and comfortable.

Kids enjoyed the water park. The water park is more for kids under 13, I would say. When comparing it to other parks in the ares.

Food is very good, room serivce good and prompt. Pricing on food is very reasonable, as well as the room cost.

The executive wing of the hotel is the older section, I think. The decor is more like the fancy 80's style. With wall paper, and cherry dark woods. However, the rooms are very well kept, furniture is not wobbly, carpet is newer and clean.

We had a jacuzzi tub for 2 in the bathroom, and seperate shower and toilet. All fixtures were clean and in good working order.

For an older place, their maintenance seems top notch! Good job Maintenance team.

Free internet works VERY well, and would recommend this place to business travelers.

There is a privavte pool / spa area in the executive end, so if you dont want to go to the water park, simply go to this section.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ClickTheGeek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 4 in Pewaukee
Downtown
The Pfister Hotel
The Pfister Hotel
#5 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!