“A Great Stay was Ruined when Items were Stolen”
Review of The Clarke Hotel

The Clarke Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel room was great, but about 5 hours after I checked out I realized I left 2 brand-name tops (one of which still had the tag on it) hanging in the closet I called the hotel and was told by the manager that the tops were not in the closet or the lost and found, and that the housekeeper said that she had not seen them in the room. I realize it was my mistake to leave them behind, but an enjoyable stay was ruined by a hotel employee's unethical behavior.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank mkruse75

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We wanted to get out of Milwaukee to stay overnight after a concert. It was just what we needed. Delightful coffee/breakfast spot on the corner, quiet nights sleep and we had a head start the next morning for our trip back to MPLS. Very nice rooms and friendly staff. BTW, Once you have a key you don't need to buzz in:-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2014

About a year ago, I was searching for a high quality but lower priced hotel for a night getaway. I booked what I thought was a suite room, but when I arrived, I was sent to the top floor of this hotel where the rooms were smaller. It wasn't what I was expecting, but still was a very nice hotel. There is no elevator to the top floor though, so expect to climb some stairs. I enjoyed the smaller town, downtown feel on the weekend. There are a few restaurants nearby, and there were lots of bars. The bed was wonderful as was the larger than typical bathtub. I enjoyed my stay and hope to return someday to take advantage of the management's offer to upgrade the room due to the confusion with my first booking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived later in the evening to find out that there is no parking lot for the hotel, it would be nice if that was on the web site. The front desk person was very pleasant. When we entered the room the light bulb in the entry was burned out and we both tripped on the wavy carpet that needs to be re-stretched trying to find a light switch. The room was very clean and the bathroom exceptional, loved the tub and the shower. The bed was very comfy nice linens. In the morning when making coffee with the in room kurig We realized the cups provided were not big enough so we had coffee all over the counter. We defiantly feel that the management team might want to take a tour of each of there rooms as if they are a guest not staff. Overall a nice place to stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This spot would not have been a consideration if we had not found a Living Social deal. We usually stay at a Comfort Inn level hotel. This was very high-end with the biggest rooms and bathroom I've ever seen. It was decorated in a dramatic 30s era style color scheme with clean lines and tailored design. The huge shower had 5 heads which operated several different ways for as little or as much full body spray you like. The bed was a king and very posh and comfortable with comfortable (and numerous) pillows, European style bedding with a duvet covered in top and bottom sheets, a fridge with drinks and goodies to purchase and a Kuerig coffee pot and free coffees. No restaurant when we were there but there was one downstairs that apparently would be reopening as the new owner took over. It literally changed ownership on one of the days we stayed there but was purchased by a company with a high-end property in downtown Milwaukee. I can only assume it will remain at the same level of quality.

The only downside for us; like many downtown hotels, the parking is off-site. They offered valet parking for $7 a day or you could put your car in the city lot a block and 1/2 away for $3. It was not inconvenient since the weather was fine for walking the short distance. There was no pool. Don't know about an exercise room or sauna....

Room Tip: Don't choose 206 or 205. They are at the point of the hotel which is a good view but the AC uni...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

After many stays at "corporate" hotels in Waukesha/Pewaukee, I finally found this gem of a hotel. Now I've stayed about once a week fro the last two months. It's unique, in a great location and is very luxurious.

Each room is a little different, but all have at least a king bed and a Kohler spa shower in the bathroom. The rooms are clean and modern. Only complaint is that the desks are virtually useless. It is my understanding that new desks may be an improvement they do soon. Wireless internet is strong and reliable.

The parking is not bad- the garage which costs $3 overnight is a 3-5 minute walk away or they will valet your car for $7 per night. It's worth the valet charge as the car is back in front of the hotel by 6 am or earlier if you need it.

There are many great restaurants and bars to walk to. In a minute or less. People's Park, Sprizzo, Generations on the 5 Points, Sakura and Key Westconsin are all great choices.

Rumor has it that they will be reopening the on -site bar and restaurant sometime this year. It looks like a fabulous space- I'm hoping it opens soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank BuckyBadger123
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A week's stay in a hotel is normally a long time with typical small rooms and standard amenities. A week's stay at the Clarke Hotel was a delight with an extremely comfortable King bed, wetbar, luxury bathroom (shower jets, jetted separate deep soaking bathtub), sitting area, desk, stereo to stream Pandora from my iPhone and a fabulous bathrobe. The Clarke offers coffee and pastry in the morning but be certain to also visit the Steaming Cup for coffee and breakfast or lunch. Waukesha has many restaurants/bars, shops and art galleries within walking distance of the hotel.

Will I go back? Without doubt!! And I need to mention the great staff and customer service, too!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KDJ927
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
The Country Springs Hotel
Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Waukesha
Best Western Waukesha Grand
Milwaukee Marriott West
Milwaukee Marriott West
#1 of 4 in Pewaukee

Been to The Clarke Hotel? Share your experiences!