“Not Impressed”

Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Reserved one room but somehow the hotel had reserved 2 for us. They wouldn't cancel the other even though we only used one room so we were charged for an extra room for two nights. When we called the hotel to get the refund it took days for the manager to call us back. They finally took the charges off our credit card. The hot tub was broken during our stay so that was disappointing, a main reason we chose this hotel was because of the price and we need a place with a pool and hot tub. The front desk staff was not sure what was wrong with the hot tub and didn't have a timeline to know when it could be fixed. When we finally got to our room it was tiny! Hardly any space between the walls and the beds which didn't give us any space to have 5 people in the room. We asked for an upgrade that we would have been willing to pay for and the staff was less than accommodating. They didn't do anything to make our stay better after we complained about needing a larger room. They had it available but wanted me to pay an additional $100 for the next room up from my double bed room. No thanks. Breakfast was nothing special at all, hardly any selection. Juice, coffee, bagels, waffles, no hot item. Hallways smelled like smoke.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I booked 3 nights at this hotel because it was the closest to my destination and one of the few hotels that had rooms available for every night I needed. I now understand why. Upon arrival, (at 1 in the afternoon) the desk clerk was argumentative and unfriendly. It took me almost 30 minutes to check in. The hallway upstairs smelled like cat pee and the room was dirty. The beds weren't made appropriately (the duvet cover kept slipping off the bed and the blanket was clearly designed for a queen and didn't fit the king). I went down for breakfast the first day and the bagels were moldy (not one but four), nothing had been refilled, and the desk clerk again was rude and brusque. I skipped the remainder of breakfasts. Even without a do not disturb sign, the room was not made up. The safe didn't work. The floor of the bath/shower unit looked like it had never been cleaned and the repairs made in the room over the years were poorly executed. The temperature unit was absolutely too hot or too cold no matter how it was set. Clearly the hotel staff is overworked and stressed and this hotel doesn't appear to have been updated since the 80's. I'm sure if you're utterly exhausted and need a place for one night that this is fine, however for 2 days it was unacceptable and gives Ramada a bad name--bad in the aging, lack of customer service, good name falling to disrepair name. I will not be staying in one again. Ramada, I'm very disappointed.

Room Tip: Please stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The overhwelming smell of dampness and mustiness was evident upon entrance to the hotel and completely overwhelming, to the point of being nearly unbreathable. I turned the heat on in my room to offset the heavy air quality and found the smell of the heater to be even worse and very intense, like melting plastic. I ended up sleeping with my blankets over my head and awakening with a sore throat from the weird air quality.
I booked a room at the Ramada Inn, thinking that the extra cost compared to booking at a cheaper motel chain would be worth it for a more luxurious stay with extra amenities. It was an utter waste of that extra money and, if I'd have been able to, I'd rather have slept in my car.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Decent place. Nice staff. 2 days in a row we received a wakeup call at 445 AM that we didn't ask for. it seems the automated system had a malfunction. The breakfast was relatively nice, but there were a TON of fruit flies. So many that I had to throw out my orange juice because the nozzle of the dispenser dumped a clot of them into my juice. A simple fan creates enough wind to keep fruit flies away.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Good average hotel. Don't have much to say. It was clean quiet and served my purpose for a good nights rest.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
The Country Springs Hotel
The Clarke Hotel
The Clarke Hotel
#3 of 9 in Waukesha
Best Western Waukesha Grand
Quality Inn Milwaukee West Brookfield

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha? Share your experiences!