“From a 9 year old!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Waukesha
Appleton
“From a 9 year old!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2007

My grandson and I traveled to Milwaukee to watch LeBron James and attend Sports Show. Read reviews and decided to stay here. Was not full of college kids or noisy bowlers. Person at front desk was acceptable. Room was okay, clean, did not stink, bedding was good, towels looked fairly new. Checked out pool, four girls swimming and having fun, we had a basketball game to get too.

We made a point of getting ice and putting it in white bucket, no black flecks. Put apple juice in a white styrofaom cup, no black flecks. 9 year old was disappointed!

In the morning a very good breakfast, most 9 year old boys like waffle makers. Checked the pool, two families, Dad's in the water w/kids, Moms in chairs w/ coffee. We had a Sports Show / Trout Pond to get too.

Have to admit the remote control in our room would not turn on or off the TV. Channel up / down, volume up/ down, did work. Just would not turn the tv off. That was our only problem.

Asked grandson; Now that we have inspected the place tested the beds, ice, apple juice, would you stay here again? Yeah but next time I want to go into the pool!

It was $59.00 plus tax, leaving me money to buy / spoil my grandson with LeBron James souveniers, and three trips to the trout pond.

• Liked — Good priice, good breakfast, looked like good pool
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lake Geneva Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2007

We were there for state bowling and we brought a bunch of people in there and the hotel wasn't helpful at all they were really rude!!! The pool had so much chlorine in it you could not see the bottom of it. We asked to speak to a manager and there was not one on duty. Not a friendly place to stay. We were looking for someone in our group to see if they checked in they would not check they said there were too many of us just very unsatisfied with this hotel we will definatly not stay there again. We were being too loud which we we did not realize the desk clerk didn't give us a warning he told us that if we don't stop then we are going to get kicked out didn't even ask just demanded it. We spent money to stay here and we get treated like garbage. If you are thinking about booking this hotel I suggest going down the road a little bit to motel 6 or any other hotel in the area.

• Liked — The hot tub
  • Disliked — The service
  • Stayed February 2007
1 Thank lg8
temple City, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2007

We stayed in Waukesha for four or five days. Our flight arrived in the evening and we had trouble seeing the Ramada sign but we did notice the ice rink, which was next building to the hotel, it took us about two passes and a correct angle view to see the Ramada sign.

The person behind the registration desk told us to park near the pool door in the back and that was the furthest spot to park for us. Our room was just a few steps from the registration desk. This was December in Wisconsin and traveling with a toddler. It was difficult to locate the room as there were no sign or direction.

The air in the room was stale and our window had a view of the wall in the next building. We did have plenty enough towels though.

The person behind the registration when we checked out was very pleasant considering we checked out very early in the morning.

Be sure to try the ribs restaurant literally next door.

• Liked — Seems to be a good price for Waukesha
  • Disliked — A view of the next building which is a few inches from the window
  • Tips/Secrets — The ribs place next door is excellent
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank trip56
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2006

When I read the two previous reviews of this hotel, I kind of wasnt looking forward to coming to this hotel. Upon arrival though, It was much better than I expected. Check-In was a breeze...the front desk staff was more than helpful. I will agree that this hotel could use some renovation, but if you are looking for a clean, affordable place to sleep, this is your hotel. I'm a college student on a weekend trip with my boyfriend that was originally supposed to have two additional people with us w/ 2 dogs.. the only reason i selected this hotel is because they are a pet friendly hotel..but they backed out, and we ended up having to stay...but no regrets :)

FYI: Wisconsin stops selling alcohol @ 9pm. For those 21 and over, plan accordingly and drink responsibly :)

• Stayed August 2006
2 Thank sweetj628
Central Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2006

Well, there was a dude first day on the job working the front desk. The person supposed to be helping him was so busy, it took forever to get checked in. When asked where I should park, I was told behind the building, your room is right above the pool.

Guess what!? The auto lock thing was missing, so I make 3 trips, (Up the stairs by the way, no elevator), in hallways that were at least 100 degrees, to arrive to the wonderful 2 bedroom whirlpool suite I had rented. Let's see, room was probably 110 degrees. Air was set to OFF. The smell of dirty filthy carpet was also a nice welcome. I have put my shoes back on because there is no way in the world I am walking on these carpets. I may sleep standing up tonight.

Went to the bathroom to wash my hands, and grabbed a face towel to wipe my hands and face.....My oh My, that had to be bad BO on there for sure. the towels are so worn out that the little linen things are gone, I mean they are like bed sheets!

Time to get ice................Kid in training answers the phone......I just started, I don't know where they are, just start walking toward the lobby and maybe you will find it. guess where it was? Right in front of the lobby, I mean he had to have heard ice dropping right? NO! Stupid thing didn't work. I would rather have had the black speck ice from the previous review.

As I sit here typing this.......I am also reminded of the high speed Internet promise......just did a CNET speed test.....135 K, remember, dial up is 56K. Nice.

I am going to send this to the hotels general manager, wait for his reply, then forward it on to Ramada. They can't have a hotel like this with their name on it. It is rated 2 star, Ya right, 1/2 star would be being polite. Stay away folks, really, it is that bad.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — When you see their sign, keep on trucking brother!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank beckes
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2006

When I made the reservation for a room at this hotel for my wife and I to get away for the night, I wasn't informed of it, but little did I know that a community college in Waukesha had recently taken over much of the hotel and turned it into dorms for overflow students. This would have been nice to know ahead of time. Then I would have at least expected the crowds of noisy kids staring at me as they roamed
the halls and lay on the steps. But hotel staff neglected to warn me that I was, in effect, staying in a dorm facility.

If I had wanted to stay in a dorm facility, that would have been awesome, but I wanted a regular hotel. Considering I paid a regular hotel price, that's what I was expecting.

Making matters worse, the bedroom smelled bad and when we went to fill our ice bucket, ice came out with black flecks and chunks in it. Needless to say, we didn't put the ice in our drinks.

Breakfast sucked. It was held in a large room with the food on the complete opposite end from all the silverware, plates, syrup, etc. This made a traffic flow problem when there were only four of us in the room. The word "retarded" best sums it up. And the food was OK at best.

And, making things even more fun, at breakfast we found the same happy black flecks from the ice machine in the apple juice. Yay.

The hospital staff could have been friendly, but they were unhelpful at best and frustrating at worst. When I called about problems, they promised to call back in a minute with solutions but never did. They let college students roam the halls loudly until 3 am. And they just stared at me without smiling or saying hi when I approached them.

So, unless you want to stay in a dorm facility for the price of a nice hotel, unless you want to injest mysterious black flecks, unless you want poor service and a frustrating weekend, don't stay here.

Oh, one nice thing was that the outer doors were broken down so you never had to use your key to get inside because the locks wouldn't work. Nice unless you want safety and privacy.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
The Country Springs Hotel
Quality Inn Milwaukee West Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
BEST WESTERN Waukesha Grand

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha? Share your experiences!