“Good sushi and happy hour”
Review of Meiji Restaurant

Meiji Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 180 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://www.meijicuisine.com/
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great happy hour prices on drinks, much of sushi menu is discounted on Tuesday nights. Sushi seems fresh. Also an extensive chinese menu that we haven't tried yet. Small children's menu with sushi and chinese menu offerings. Also have hibachi tables.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Besides Asiana, this is my other favorite Asian restaurant. The food and service are just fabulous. We've been here several times on dates or with our family and it's great every time. Order off the Chinese menu or the Japanese, and sit in either dining room. The owner/manager is also very nice and welcoming.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We used to live very close to this restaurant and visited soon after they first opened. We tried it within their first two weeks of opening. My husband loves sushi and is originally from California. Me, not so much. The restaurant is confusing when you walk in, because there are two sides, one is mostly sushi and the other side has more options. The staff was still getting used to the place and did not explain this to us. We were seated on the sushi side, and he found lots on the menu to try. There was almost nothing on the menu if you don't like sushi. Apparently you can ask for a menu from the other side of the restaurant as well, but our server seemed really confused and didn't mention this when I asked if there were any other non-sushi options. I'm sure they've worked out some of these kinks long ago, but at the time I only had one non sushi choice (sesame chicken), and it was very good. My husband loved his sushi, and the presentation was surprisingly beautiful (see photos!). The quality was great and he said it was one of the best in the suburbs that we've tried and just as good as his favorite places in southern California.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I dined at Meiji with my husband and daughter on a Saturday evening. We had salads and sushi: spicy tuna, spicy salmon, volcano roll, fried lobster roll and salmon nigiri. Everything we ate was top notch and super fresh. The place was not very busy and the server gave extra attention to our 7 year old daughter, helping her with the chopsticks. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

A couple of minutes we just came out of the Meiji.

Despite some bad criticisms we went there as it is just across the road of Super 8 and at walking distance. Furthermore I was to tired to do some more driving for finding a good restaurant.

We got a nice seat just at the window and started with ordering some Perrier. We had to explain that this is carbonised bottled water. I agree that I spend quite some time in England, so my bottled water did not get understood. So I tried with 'battled waater' which finally was understood. The waitress apologized that they do not have water in a bottle but after inquiring with the manager she turned up with a bottle of Perrier!!!

We ordered the Rainbow roll as a starter to share with my wife. She then had the shrimp chow-mein and I took the chow-mein combo together with a New Zealand Sauvignon blanc. It took ages to get the wine. But waiting seems to be part of the fun as the couple sitting two tables away took their playing cards and had a good game whilst they were waiting to get their order.

At the end we got everything we ordered and the food was really good. For the desert we shared the tempura banana which was perfect. Not too sweet with a very light whipped cream.