“Not impressed”

Famous Dave's
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 6 November 2013

When this restaurant first opened up, the food was great. On this last visit, it was just, well... average. Two of us had the full rack of ribs. At $24, I was expecting they would live up to the price. Unfortunately, the ribs were a bit too dry and not falling off the bone. I don't mind paying for ribs, but do expect them to be done right. The boneless chicken wings were okay, but again, nothing to rave about.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Your typical famous daves restaurant. Good waiter who kept 11 separate orders straight. Every employee was polite and great experience

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stopped at Famous Dave's in Waukesha for lunch on August 5, 2013. They weren't terribly busy, which was nice. My co-worker got a barbecue pork sandwich, which he said was good. I got the grilled chicken breast sandwich, which was okay, nothing to write home about, and over priced at $10.

Service was fine.

For the price, Culver's has a much better chicken sandwich.
I think we were paying for the "atmosphere" (if you can say that), but I don't think I'd be back unless forced to.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We really enjoy the St. Louis style ribs, rib tips and brisket. The waitstaff are always friendly and good.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Never been to a Famous Dave's.
The food was superb!
I have eaten BBQ all over the USA and what is considered BBQ in many countries around the world.
This is an excellent restaurant, the staff, the setting, and the food.
It is excellent BBQ, and all the better given it is made in WI, not known as a BBQ state.
'Nuff said!