“Favorite Chinese restaurant in the area!!”
Review of Ching Hwa Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Friendly staff with very good value food and varied menu! Our favorites are the cashew chicken and mongolian beef. They offer enough to make our children happy with pork or chicken fried rice and many appetizers. The menu is extensive and although we go often, we've hardly delved into it as we have our favorites. Tip: Don't miss out on their Crab Meat Ragoon as an appetizer!

Reviewed 24 August 2011

I have been eating at this Chinese/Mandarin restaurant for over five years. They are family owned and operated. Please order the Hot & Sour soup, even though it is only available in a tureen for two or more, you will love it! And you may have some left to take home! This is the only restaurant I know of that puts whole medium sized shrimp in their Hot & Sour Soup. Their other great specialties that I love are the Hot Braised Fish, which is quite spicy, and also the Princess Prawns. They do not have a buffet but table service is good. Lunch portions are huge and include egg drop soup with a very large plate of food for around $5.00. Not fancy, but delicious food.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

I have been eating at Ching Hwa for around 20 years. Although the chairs and wallpaper, etc. are showing their age, the food is always excellent. I've tried many of the dishes on the menu, but my absolute favorite is Twice Cooked Pork--pork strips with lots of ultra fresh cabbage, black mushrooms and green pepper in a really tastey sauce. I order it "mild" because I'm not a big fan of too much heat. Other favorites are: orange beef (be sure to pick out those hot chili peppers if you don't want it to get too spicy), almond chicken, sesame pork or chicken, and shrimp with vegetables. The spring rolls are great and be absolutely sure you have the Sizzling Rice Soup. A friend and I ordered it last week even though it was 95 degrees outside, because it's sooo good. The lunches are a fantasic bargain and the leftovers from dinners never stay in the fridge very long.

Reviewed 27 February 2009

I have eaten dinner at this place for years. This is a decent Chinese/Mandarin restaurant. The service is usually quite good and you get your food very quickly. The amount of food that you get is impressive and worth the price. The food can be a bit bland unless you choose something flavorful. The interior is really interesting. I did have a not too good experience when I went for lunch with a group. The food was quite different and tasted off, especially the soup-I don't know if they had a different cook or what the deal was. We waited forever and we were the only ones there! Other than that it is worth it for dinner. Everyone working there usually moves very fast and if you wait to be seated you can hear how much the phone rings for takeout! However, it's worth dining there for the ambiance.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 17 December 2007

Amazing Chinese! You pay for what you get which is almost always two meals worth

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook