“Amazing and affordable”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

One of my favorite Waukesha-area restaurants. Great happy hour drink specials, tasty house margaritas, and addictive chips and salsa. The appetizers are all great, and we've always loved all of the entrees we've tried. I've never had a bad experience at La Estacion. Most of the area Mexican restaurants seem to be missing at least one element that matters to me, but La Estacion doesn't really have any weaknesses.

1  Thank Benjen S
Tony M, Manager at La Estacion, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thanks so very much for your review! We love to hear from our customers and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Party of two attended the La Estacion on Monday, July 7th 2014. We were so excited to go because we hadn't been there in a couple of years. After our recent dining experience we wished we would have gone elsewhere! The dinner started with me pulling my chair up to the table to have my hand filled with left over food gunk from the previous guests, disgusting. There were no napkins on the table so I had to flag down a member of the wait staff to get napkins for me. I then ordered a martini (which they have a martini menu, however this simple vodka martini wasn't on the menu) which took over 15 minutes to get after explaining how to make three times. I told the staff the first time that it was not a problem that they didn't know how to make the martini and I would change my drink order however they insisted they could make the martini. They did a great job on the drink but 15 mins to wait??? We ordered our meals and when they came out we still had no silverware on our table so we had to wait for silverware while our food sat in front of us. In that time, my guest noticed one of the items on her combo platter was missing. After explaining three times to different staff members, they asked her, "Are you sure it isn't there?" Pretty rude in our books! It is pretty hard to hide an enchilada...
Unfortunately, I don't see any reason to ever go back to La Estacion. I would like to say the 16 year old hostess (she introduced herself to us) who came up to check on us before our dinner arrived was an absolute delight and so personable!

1  Thank Jennifer M
Tony M, Owner at La Estacion, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Jennifer- Thank you for your review. This is certainly not the experience that we want you to
have here, and I'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you further. I'm Tony, and my number at the restaurant is 262-521-1986.​

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Enjoyed our dinner tonight for a very reasonable price! Had a chicken burrito dinner. Yummy!
Building has lots of character with the old train cars available to eat in.

2  Thank suzz22bd
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have been here several times over the years and never had a bad experience, food and service has been great from breakfast lunch or dinner. Terrific menu choices some of the best shrimp cocktail I have eaten and a great Sunday brunch.

1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is our go to place for Mexican food. We have tried others and keep coming back to La Estacion. From the appetizers to desserts, the food is the best. As many times as we go, the waitstaff has always been friendly and the service excellent. Love sitting on their patio with nachos and a pitcher of margaritas.

1  Thank Debbie Y