“Wow!! What a find!!!”

Albanese's Roadhouse
Ranked #114 of 175 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Delicatessen, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
everywhere
“Wow!! What a find!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

In town just for one night and came across this wonderful Italian place...the chicken parm....the gnocchi with mushroom and the bottle of merlot.... Wow! what a fantastic place to find and enjoy...and there seems to be a lively sports bar connected as well.
Most importantly...private dining room....family friendly!! and wonderful wait staff and clean and not expensive at all!!!!
Do yourself a favor and visit this family owned treasure!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Shreemaan

South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

My family went to this restaurant after watching a movie. We were seated in the bar area at one of those tall tables, very uncomfortable for me, since I am short. The waitstaff got our beverage orders, and then we waited for quite awhile for her to come back and get our dinner orders. Then we waited. The waitstaff did not check on our beverage orders, our drinks were never refilled. We got water at the end of our long wait for our entrees. i cannot say for anyone else, but my husband and I, our food was strictly meh. The dinner salads were mostly iceberg lettuce, and the dressing was blah. I had the breaded italien Pork chops. We make better shake and bake. They were not awful, just not much. 2 small Pork cutlets, breadcrumbs, very little spice. The accompanying pasta, which I was looking forward to was knot good. It was tomatoey , but not at all spiced. and it left an unpleasant grainy feeling in the mouth, like they used something to thicken it like cornstarch, and used too much. I did not finish the pork or the pasta. My husband had the queen cut prime rib. It was not very flavorful, and was not even warm, showing how long we had to wait for our orders. It must have sat and gotten cold. Then we waited and waited for the check, and waited to give the waitress our payment. Apparently we were not important enough to bother with. I observed the waitstaff, including our waitress lingering near the bar several times doing nothing but chatting with each other. There was plenty of staff, just no desire to serve us well. We felt neglected and dismissed. No need to go there again. They let us know how much they want our business. Not at all.

• Visited November 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Second Choice made a Great Impression”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

Having grown up in Wauwatosa, WI, I desperately craved Balistreiri's pizza last weekend while staying with my parents in Waukesha. We drove in, only to find the wait over an hour for a table. Soooooo disappointed, but my daughter suggested Albanese's, as she's been there with my parents in the past. Well, they did not disappoint. We had to wait for a table, but really, where on a Saturday evening do you NOT have to wait?! Service was terrific, and the food delicious! Everyone at the table ordered something different, and the only complaint was perhaps a little too much meat sauce on one or two of the entrees. Other than that, we were all completely satisfied. Portions are big, flavorful and served quickly.

Our table ordered: Cheese ravioli, spinach ravioli, spaghetti with red clam sauce and cheese tortellini. Choice of soup or salad and a basket of Italian bread come with the meal. Everyone ordered salad and the only complaint there was the tomato wedges were from over-ripe tomatoes - something that should never occur, but more especially during peak tomato season.

• Visited September 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Sorry I didn't go sooner!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

Hadn't been to Albanese's in years! We stopped in and sat in the sports bar. It was packed!
We ordered a sandwich and zucchini fries. They were great! The atmosphere was good
and it's a nice choice for a casual evening out
They even have bocce ball leagues in the summer.
Make sure you try it-you won't be disappointed!

Midland, Michigan
“Another excellent meal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Another excellent meal!! I eat here every time I'm in Waukesha.Love the entrees and the canolis. The only disapointment was that the store is gone and replaced with a gameroom.

Visited June 2012