“Good pizza, but lousy parking.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Albanese's Roadhouse
Ranked #116 of 175 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Delicatessen, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“Good pizza, but lousy parking.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Pizza was crispy and very tasty. Drinks were a little pricey, even at happy hour. I didn't realize they had drink specials until after I ordered - it would have been nice if the bartender pointed that out before I placed my order. The parking in front was very crowded and several parking spaces were taken up by picnic tables set aside for people playing boochie ball on the adjoining grass. The street is where I ended up parking and walking down the street to the restaurant.

Visited June 2013

waukesha
“wrong billing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

food okay, service is terrible. we had a party of six and it took forever to get our food, then we gave the waitress a tip deserving of the service. the restaurant charged my credit card more than the bill.

Visited July 2012
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Red-Blooded Italian Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is the type of prototypical 'American' Italian style restaurant I like which utlizes thick red tomato sauce to excellent effect on many of its dishes. This is not too say they don't have lots of other things on their large menu which don't use this sauce, but my chicken cacciatore with a side of sphaghetti, drenched in the above mentioned red stuff was perfect. Our waitress, Sarah, was friendly and efficent. This is a great place to go for a family meal when you're in the mood for Italian.

• Visited May 2013
everywhere
“Wow!! What a find!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

In town just for one night and came across this wonderful Italian place...the chicken parm....the gnocchi with mushroom and the bottle of merlot.... Wow! what a fantastic place to find and enjoy...and there seems to be a lively sports bar connected as well.
Most importantly...private dining room....family friendly!! and wonderful wait staff and clean and not expensive at all!!!!
Do yourself a favor and visit this family owned treasure!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Shreemaan
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

My family went to this restaurant after watching a movie. We were seated in the bar area at one of those tall tables, very uncomfortable for me, since I am short. The waitstaff got our beverage orders, and then we waited for quite awhile for her to come back and get our dinner orders. Then we waited. The waitstaff did not check on our beverage orders, our drinks were never refilled. We got water at the end of our long wait for our entrees. i cannot say for anyone else, but my husband and I, our food was strictly meh. The dinner salads were mostly iceberg lettuce, and the dressing was blah. I had the breaded italien Pork chops. We make better shake and bake. They were not awful, just not much. 2 small Pork cutlets, breadcrumbs, very little spice. The accompanying pasta, which I was looking forward to was knot good. It was tomatoey , but not at all spiced. and it left an unpleasant grainy feeling in the mouth, like they used something to thicken it like cornstarch, and used too much. I did not finish the pork or the pasta. My husband had the queen cut prime rib. It was not very flavorful, and was not even warm, showing how long we had to wait for our orders. It must have sat and gotten cold. Then we waited and waited for the check, and waited to give the waitress our payment. Apparently we were not important enough to bother with. I observed the waitstaff, including our waitress lingering near the bar several times doing nothing but chatting with each other. There was plenty of staff, just no desire to serve us well. We felt neglected and dismissed. No need to go there again. They let us know how much they want our business. Not at all.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Been to Albanese's Roadhouse? Share your experiences!