“Thin Walls and Ceilings” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Waunakee

Baymont Inn & Suites Waunakee
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waunakee
Mount Orab, Ohio, United States
“Thin Walls and Ceilings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My family and I had never stayed at a Baymont Inn and Suites. The lobby of the hotel was very nice and was done in Wisconsin décor. There were cookies waiting for the guests. When we approached the desk, we were told by a very nice attendant that our room was ready, and we were given the key. The four of us (my husband , two teenagers, and I ) took all of our luggage down the hall, and opened our room door (Room #1) to find the beds unmade. Our keys were changed for the room next door (Room #2). After a few minutes of fidgeting with the air conditioning, we realized that it was not working. We waited in that room for about fifteen minutes while another room was readied. We moved to another room (Room #3). The room was nice and clean. Around 10:30, we shut off the T.V. and lay down to sleep. We knew we had a long day ahead of us. Through the walls, we could hear everything including toilets flushing and showers starting and running. Some people came down the hall, talking loudly and laughing. At around11:30 the real ruckus began: Pounding on the floor, from one end of the floor to the other, like a basketball dribbling down a court. After about ten minutes of this, my husband went to see the clerk. She said that there was a couple with two young children above us. They were trying to get their children to sleep. (Okay, that's somewhat understandable.) She said she would talk to them. She also offered to have us change rooms (This would have been Room #4), but we refused. The pounding stopped for about five minutes, maybe ten, then started back up. Around 2:30 the basketball team finally quit playing, and we were able to go to sleep. We took all of our items will never book a room at a Baymont Inn and Suites again!

Room Tip: If you have a family with young children, request to be on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Waterloo, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We tried to check in and had no room even with a confirmation number. Had called a few weeks before to make sure we had 2 beds and used the confirmation number and had a room. Girl at front desked seem very crazy when several reservations were not found and we were all part of a wedding block that was reserved. We finally got a text that we had a room and then checked in and room had a really bad smell to it. Had to open window to air out. When we got to wedding found out others didn't have rooms either. Some rooms were even double booked and people had to leave with out staying. During the night are second for was so noisey and front desk never came to check on noise. It was finally 4:30 am and we decide to leave and drive home since noise level so bad and people didn't seem to want to settle down. Went to front desk and the young man said that only 1 other group complained but he didn't do anything about it. Would never tell anyone to stay at this motel. Should get a complete refund for all the issues we had. Just made what was a nice wedding end on a sour note.

Room Tip: Bad smell in room, front desk no help with noise level. Over booked motel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Waunakee hotels

Naperville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

The breakfast area and food shared was amazing! I have never enjoyed...or been fueled with such great things! There was a great variety also!

Front desk help was also friendly when I booked the stay and during check-in/check-out also......

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here recently and regretted I did not drive another 15 minutes to Sun Prairie. My bad experience started with check-in. The clerk acted like the hotel was booked and was having trouble finding a room. At most, there were 10 cars in the parking lot that evening so my guess is finding a room should not have been a problem. When I asked for the AARP rate, I was told that she did not know how to refund the charge she just made and I should talk to the manager in the morning. I did so but was told that it was the AARP rate I got - the room should have been $99! Unbelieveable price for a crummy hotel in a small town. The billing clearly indicated "rack" pricing but he insisted I had gotten the reduced rate. I then complained because our room had NO functioning air conditioner. It had been into the 90's the day we were there. He asked if I had let the front desk know. I told him I tried but since I did not discover the problem until after 10:00, there was no one to notify. He then gave me $10 off the room but it was small consolation for a night spent sweating. One other issue was the old french fry laying next to the bed! Not the most appetizing site. I understand this hotel has recently been converted to Baymont and is under going renovation. Let's hope the renovation includes staff attitudes!

Room Tip: There is no elevator so you may want to request a first floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waunakee
Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Holiday Inn Express Deforest (Madison Area)
Super 8 Windsor/Madison North
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
BEST WESTERN East Towne Suites

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Waunakee? Share your experiences!