“Clean but noisy”

Baymont Inn & Suites Waunakee
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waunakee
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were in town for a wedding. The hotel is very clean. We were on the first floor and I heard people walking in the room above us all night long. Didn't sleep well as a result.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mathew K
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a group of 15 people, with a total of 5 rooms and none were too happy. Two of the rooms given had 2 double beds when 2 queens had been reserved. They were sold out so nothing could be done about that.

The back door doesn't have a lock on it so anyone can come in the hotel at anytime.

We had a suite and no TV in the sitting area, there was a cabinet for one. We called and finally got a TV later that evening, however, no one was there with cables to hook it up. Plus they ran an extension cord over the sink to plug the TV in. The next day someone came to hook up the TV, but it still didn't work. We were told we were 'welcome to fiddle with it if we want to', and that the manager would be in later with the correct cable. The manager never showed, so we never had a working TV in the sitting area.

The bathroom smelled as if it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. We had no towels in the room. When we called down to get some, they wanted to know how many 'extra' we needed. We said we only wanted what was supposed to be there. The girl again asked how many extra we needed. We finally got towels.

When they 'cleaned' the room, the coffee maker was not cleaned out, no coffee packets were replaced, dirty cups were left on the table where we had put them down that morning.

The keys would work once or twice in the room door, if you were lucky. In our two night stay, we replaced our keys six times! And not once did anyone ask for an ID. You could just go to the front desk and ask for a key to a room and they gave it to you.

Breakfast - thank goodness for yogurt and waffles! The scrambled eggs were obviously from a powder and very dry and luke warm - and we were the first ones to get breakfast that morning! They had biscuits and gravy - the gravy was cold. They put it in a Tupperware container and put it in the microwave to heat it up. It spilled all over the microwave and we ended up cleaning up the microwave before we could use it.

Most of the workers over the weekend seemed 'bothered' when anyone would ask them a question or ask for help.

I will not recommend this hotel and will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JS12345202
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The only reason this is getting even 3 stars is because they comped my business suite upgrade, but only because it's a Monday and this place is dead. Few things to point out...

There is NO elevator.
The windows in my room are at ground level and completely unlocked upon checking in.
There are orange extension cords running across the room to power the electronics.
The lamps aren't plugged in.
My phone doesn't have a dial tone (and it has the wrong room number on it.)
There are stains on the ceiling.
There are 4 tiny pillows on a king bed.
There are 2 towels in the bathroom.
There is a welcome mat under the TV, but only to cover the stains and damage to the dresser it is sitting on.

Needless to say, I don't think I will rebook.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the pool, but on the front (Culver's side) of the building, otherwise you...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lola I
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I called the day before to request a room with 2 queens if anything opened up or a rollaway in our room. When we got there we asked if anything had opened up and the front desk clerk was rude about me following up my request reminding me that the hotel is sold out and we should be thankful we had a room. We never got a rollaway that she said she would send up. When I called later that night to get one our rollaway had been given away. On this hotels website they advertise that they have an airport shuttle and a shuttle that goes to and from local businesses. When I called to ask about that they told me they don't do shuttle service. I asked why is was stated on the website and the clerk made me feel as though I was an inconvenience to her. She referred us to a shuttle rental company and said we should go that route. We were here for a wedding and the bride was told that they would provide shuttle service. Not true. The décor of the room is very outdated. They have new bedding and tvs but that is it. The tv sits on an old piece of carpet that was cut out. The bed skirt and covers on the night stands are old and dingy and very dirty looking. The carpet was stained and the desk chairs did not match the desk. Some rooms had new ac units and some had old outdated ones that barely worked. The back entrance to the hotel was just unlocked and you didn't need a key to get in. Talk about no security. The exterior of the hotel is run down and the lawn needs some major maintenance. I'm not really to sure what the staff does at this hotel. I would definitely pick somewhere else to stay if you can.

Room Tip: Pick somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waunakee
Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Super 8 Madison South
Super 8 Madison South
#12 of 63 in Madison
Best Western East Towne Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Madison Airport

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Waunakee? Share your experiences!