No photo provided
Add it.
CUCO's
Ranked #23 of 30 Restaurants in Waunakee
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: A relatively new restaurant - I believe by same owners of CUCO's in Verona which is listed in tripadvisor; anyway, a great restaurant in any city let alone in Waunakee, WI - totally unexpected gem!
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We've been to Cuco's several times and didn't have a bad experience but the meal we had recently won't make me return. The service was slow, the waitstaff got the drink order wrong, the meal order wrong, the hamburger had something very hard in it that caused immediate tooth pain, so now it is a trip to the dentist to see if I lost a filling or cracked a tooth.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've eaten at Cuco's a few times while visiting my parents for the summer in Waunakee. I tried numerous dishes, and while they weren't the highest quality I've ever tasted, they were definitely on par with the fair price. I would eat there again for sure!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The quality is ok for what you pay. Not the greatest
There are several places in Madison that are a step up. I would not recommend Cucos for a die hard Mexican food experience.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were driving by & stopped to check it out. Wow, the food was FANTASTIC from the 1st bite, to the last. The salsa & chips were exceptional (hot basket of chips, salsa taste super fresh). The prices are reasonable for the quantity of food you get. Was unable to finish my combo plate of an enchilada, burrito, & tostada. Yet we had already ordered dessert so made room for an apple burrito. It was good, but would probably skip ordering that, as our stomachs were busting at the seams. The service was fast, friendly & top notch. Highly recommend & will definitely stop by again. That being said, we located another in Verona, quite a difference from the one in Waunakee. Wauakee was so good & well worth the visit & drive. Verona - probably wouldn't return to.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I love Mexican food. The quality is decent for the price. My wife really likes Cucos, but I would choose several other places in the area for better Mexican food.