“Poor housekeeping”
Review of Ramada Waupaca

Ramada Waupaca
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waupaca
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had booked two rooms for the 15th. We got there at three oclock and the woman at the desk said our rooms weren't quite ready so she gave us free drink tickets to use at the restaurant. When we went back after a half hour she said our rooms still weren't ready. She called housekeeping and the woman from housekeeping came and said they didn't have time to get our rooms ready and it would be an hour to and hour and a half before they would be ready and she walked away swearing. The woman behind the desk said she would give us two different rooms. When we went to the rooms one of them was clean and the other one wasn't. I went back down and the woman gave us another room. That one was not cleaned also. I went back down again and got another room. By this time everyone was pretty frustated. The woman behind the desk was very apologetic and did give us a discount on our room. Not sure what the problem was but we were very disappointed. It put a damper on what was supposed to be a fun time with our grandson.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 February 2014

we had 7 rooms for family reunion, our 2nd time here. waste baskets were full on Sat. a.m. put them all in the hall to be emptied. staff walked by several times so we had to ask for them to be emptied. the response was "well I suppose I could". that was the only issue. we will go back. good value and very clean.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We were very happy with our stay. Our two girls had alot of fun in the pool area and going on the waterslides. In the winter months the pool water does get cold as the day goes on because of the slides on the exterior of the building. Overall experience was great and the mexican restaurant had incredible food.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

All the staff I interacted with were very nice. The front desk and lifeguards were nice and friendly. The people in charge of breakfast were also very accommodating, unlike many hotels where they can't wait to kick you out if you're almost late for breakfast. It is definitely a place I'll be returning to.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We went there last week to use the pool and everyone was very rude! Front desk needs a lot of work! I will say the life guards on duty were the only plus about the experience...... We also ate at the restaurant attached ordered two fajitas and a kids taco and fries. We received our food with cold fries and took them back. My wife asked the server(male) for new ones and asked what she should do with the old ones. He responds I don't care throw them in the garbage for all I care! Yeah weird I know..... As his manager/ owner walked in he suddenly changed his attitude....I also questioned our bill bc it was the wrong amount. I grabbed a Togo menu from the host stand and he says yeah that's out dated... Who used outdated Togo menus??? Can u say false advertising and horrible business idea!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Havin0914
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Have stayed at this hotel many times and am never dissatisfied. The service and personnel are outstanding. Very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is tasty and hot and the lounge and bar are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

My sister and I needed to stay in Waupaca to be nearby the veterans home for my grandpa who wasn't doing well. We stayed two nights and could not have asked for nicer accommodations to come back to for the night.
Everything is clean and up to date, they have a special rate for family staying in town for medical emergencies, the pool area is open very late which was nice to warm up in the hot tub after coming back for the night.
The attached restaurant has very good food which arrives very quickly. The staff are all very helpful and accommodating.
Would definitely recommend if you need a hotel in Waupaca.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waupaca
Comfort Suites Foxfire
Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center
Econo Lodge Waupaca
Econo Lodge Waupaca
#3 of 3 in Waupaca

Been to Ramada Waupaca? Share your experiences!