“Take a trip down this river...”
Review of Crystal River

Crystal River
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Waupaca
More attraction details
Owner description: A shallow and rocky river known for its challenging canoeing.
Neenah, Wisconsin
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Take a trip down this river...”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Go tubing or canoeing!! So much fun! If you go in Waupaca, you can get a canoe rental $35 (if i remember correctly), but the water is so clear and it is a lot of fun!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Brigid W

Seymour, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Red Mill”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I go here as my "place of serenity", even though it is an hour ten minute drive for me. My father used to go here with his 9 brothers and sisters when he was a child, and has passed the tradition on to my brothers and myself. It is a wonderful place. Good fishing, tubing down the river, a history lesson, a place for weddings, and family get togethers. There is just an angelic peacefulness here. It's like a magical place, such as Camelot, almost forgotten, but to those who open themselves to it, it enchants :) GREAT place.
The caretaker is the old man who runs the shop. He has wonderful stories of the mill. It has been in his family & movie directors have visited. It does seem out of repair, but that is because it does run on donations and money from the gift shop, and from weddings held there. There have been news articles and groups about "saving the Red Mill". It is a magical place.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank katie m
Waupaca, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“so pretty”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

all along the Crystal River is just so pretty. There are so many places to just sit and watch it go by. Deep enough for tubing, shallow enough for just walking around and cooling off your feet. See fish, deer, etc. Make sure you visit the Red Mill area.

Visited October 2012
Wisconsin
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Crystal River canoe trip is a blast”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I love the crystal river canoe trips and I've been going since I was 8. Be prepared to get wet. You need to jump out of the boat into the water to get into your canoe. The trip is very scenic and is relaxing. Be prepared to push or drag the canoe in several spots, especially when in drought.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank germangirl25
Plover, Wi
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“So Disappointed!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

There was nothing even remotely fun about this trip. Before paying we asked if the water was high enough to canoe, given our recent drought. We were assured we might have to push 2-3 times. The water was so low we walked/pushed 80% of the trip. Tthe other 20 we spent crashing into rocks and getting caught on logs and other debris. Awful trip.

Visited July 2012