“Pretty good place for Asian food”

Chef's Chu's Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Waupaca
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Food is good, not the best Chinese ever, but delicious and filling. Portions are what you'd expect, large.
My order was to go, but it was cooked correctly, to my order and quickly.
Hostess was very nice and pleasant to talk to.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The food does not taste like chinese food, maybe I am a little harsh as I am from NYC and surrounded by the best food. I have also had chinese food in San Francisco, and Chicago. So imagine my disappointment when I ate here. Has the chef ever heard of ginger root? or sesame oil? The food tastes very american- My husband and I nick named the place Chef Chucks.The chef looks like he's polish. When people visit us, we do not take them to chef chucks.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our visit was at an off time, 3 pm but it didn't matter a bit! The food was wonderful and served attractively by the sweetest waitress. I had a shrimp dish with vegetables. The shrimp was fresh and plentiful. I subbed some veggies and it was no problem with them. I liked that you could order extra sauce and brown rice for an extra charge. The cost was very reasonable so the customized menu was no problem.
The decor was updated and very clean! Wonderful

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were looking for something interesting to take my 90 year old Mother in Law out for lunch for Mother's day. We decided to try Chef's Chu's. It is wheelchair accessible which is a plus. The staff were very friendly. My mother in law has vegetables with chicken, my husband had vegetables with shrimp and I had the Hibachi combination. The dishes come with soup or salad and rice ( white or fried). We chose the soup. The sweet sour soup was fresh and tangy. The egg drop soup was also tasty. The main dishes were fresh with a lot of fresh vegetables. The sauces were light- not overpowering. Then for dessert came the cheesecake! Audrey makes them fresh. Two choices- Plan New York Style or a triple Chocolate one. One bite and Wow- Delicious. She makes them from scratch. She said in the fall she also makes a pumpkin cheesecake. We will be back- and can hardly wait to try the pumpkin cheesecake in the fall.
We asked about the hours. They are open 11am-9pm every day except Christmas and Thanksgiving.
This is a gem of a restaurant in a small town.