“Good as Gold by the Crystal River”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waupaca
Apple Tree Lane Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Waupaca B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 December 2007

My husband and I went to Waupaca on our Fall colors tour through Wisconsin. Because this bed & breakfast is located beside 400 ft. of the beautiful Crystal River on 7.5 acres of land, we thought that it would be an opportunity to enjoy outdoor hiking through the colorful trees. After spending a weekend there, we now know that we selected the perfect place.
We are recommending Kerri & Mike's bed & breakfast to all of our friends or relatives who want to go on a similar get-away. This couple had just recently opened their B & B, but to us they seemed like pros! They are just naturals in making you feel comfortable and preparing a great breakfast.
We especially loved the decor in our room. The bed was comfortable and the inn was oh so clean! We appreciated the extra touches in our room: CD alarm clock, fine linens, and their climate control unit.
We liked the area of Waupaca because it had fun shopping, many lakes, & fine restaurants. Staying at the b & b made our Waupaca experience complete. We chatted like old friends. To best describe our stay, only one word comes to mind, "terrific".
We were glad that people like Kerri & Mike would share their home with others. Discovering the work that they did to preserve this historical home, tells me that others will be lucky enough to visit someday, also!
New friends, Ron & Judy

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Keith_Lori_H

Reviewed 3 December 2007

The Apple Tree Lane B&B was a breath of fresh air. My husband and I, newly married, stayed in the Honeymoon suite and thoroughly enjoyed the fireplace, the whirlpool and a delicious breakfast each morning.

Our room was very comfortable, especially the huge bed. We had the ability to control our room's temperature. We even had our very own attached bathroom.

Innkeepers Mike and Kerri afforded us every comfort of home without any of the work! We even got a chance to take the Inn's bikes into town and Kerri gave us the perfect route through quaint downtown, stopping at a darling cafe for lunch, and ending at the local beach.

It was a perfect long weekend and I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GGunnink
Reviewed 2 December 2007

This is the most wonderful B & B I have ever had the pleasure of staying at! It’s a grand mansion with handsome and elegant décor. I felt immediately welcome and comfortable as I was greeted by the innkeeper, who made the most spectacular homemade rum-raisin pear crepes for breakfast. The pears came from the beautiful trees in the yard. My stroll along the Crystal River following a long day of business in town was just the distressing I needed to relax and unwind. This is a top-notch, well run establishment that earned my highest praise.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank ZipHereAndThere
Reviewed 21 November 2007

Apple Tree Lane B&B offers just what you're looking for! Comfort, relaxation and charm. Hostess Kerri Theil was warm, welcoming and helpful in our quest for shopping, nature or just a relaxing afternoon. The bedrooms were spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable as is the home itself. A great get away for friends, family or romantic weekend.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank petersonprf
Reviewed 13 November 2007

Kerri and Mike Thiel understand what people want. relaxed atmosphere, peaceful, clean and beautiful rooms............Kerri's attention to details is seen everywhere throughout the house and property. Even if you have to drive hours.. it's well worth the stay. Steve Borowski ----Kona, Hi.

1  Thank swimkona
Reviewed 12 November 2007

The Apple Tree Lane B&B in Waupaca was the perfect place to get away with my friends! Waupaca offers quite a variety of things to do, all within close distance to the Inn. What I most enjoyed however, was the comfortable respite of the Inn.
A warm greating at the door upon arrival took all my cares away! After a serene walk through the grounds to the river, I enjoyed the cozy fire in the Orchard room which took the chill off. I settled in for good company, reading and relaxation.
Accomodations are wonderful - right down to the fluffy white robes! I don't think I have ever had such a comfortable bed away from home - was it the down pad or the perfect comforter? Separate heating units in each room allow for each guest to set the heat to their comfort level.
At times I felt I was taking a step back in time, with the grandeur of the Inn recalling days long gone. I love hearing the history of this property and the people who lived there.
And I don't recall ever having such sumptuous breakfasts, served at a beautifully set table. I am spoiled forever!
I plan to return, over & over!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends