“A lovely, quaint B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waupaca
Crystal River Inn B&B, LLC
Ranked #2 of 8 Waupaca B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I stayed in the Little House on the Prarie with 2 girlfriends. We had 2 bedrooms and a loft bed, plus a living room and a kitchen. It was clean and homey. Just a slight problem with the lay-out - the bathroom was in the 1st bedroom, just next to the door, so the person in the loft woke up the bedroom sleeper when going to the bathroom at night. Breakfasts were wonderful, Robert went out of his way to cook vegan breakfasts for me which were great, and Deb was very helpful. I would recommend staying here if in the Waupaca area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 September 2011

The owners of this bed and breakfast have made a convert in me. I will be looking for bed and breakfasts everywhere I go. This couple went out of their way to make my 10 days here some of the best I have ever spent on the road. From an excellent breakfast, tailored to my tastes, to a quiet, comfortable nights sleep, everything about this experience was excellent. Fortunately, I am not being asked to offer suggestions for improvement, because I do not think I would be capable.

Room Tip: If privacy is very important to you, there are rooms which are not in the main building.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This is one I don't want to give away! We stayed in Andrew's room for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Inn. The house has so much character. It is a great base camp for kayaking (the Crystal River runs through their backyard) and biking (Hartman Creek State Park is 3 mi. down the road). There are fresh baked goodies in the afternoon and tasty breakfasts to get you started on your day. Breakfast at your convenience at 8am or 9am, you pick. There are so many neat spaces to relax and enjoy the quiet, both outdoors and inside the house. There is a gazebo in the back which overlooks the river--a perfect place to enjoy morning coffee or a glass of wine. The Innkeepers were so gracious and accepting of our active weekend and we are already planning a return trip.

Room Tip: We were in Andrew's room, which shares a bathroom, and had no problems with it. The rest of the...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IMURPO
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife and I visited friends in Waupaca WI, and they had recommended the Crystal River Inn as a wonderful place to stay; we were not disappointed. Our room was very comfortable, AC, private shower and very clean. The owners, Deb and Robert, made us feel right at home and we enjoyed a delicious breakfast cooked by Robert. The Crystal River runs right through the backyard and gives a beautiful backdrop to both a sitting area and the dining area. We played golf in the Wuapaca area and the Inn was very close to these facilities. We are planning another visit to our friends lake house in the future, and will once again select the Crystal River Inn as our place to relax after a busy day. The Crystal River Inn offers many room selections at a very fair price.

Room Tip: Go online to review the different room pictures and accomodations as the site was very helpful
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Top notch place. My wife and i enjoyed our stay so much we have talked about going back again. Great Bed&Breakfast. If your looking for a little get away this is the perfect spot. We loved watching the wild life and enjoyed our walks.
The room was super and the host and hostess were wonderful. Great food too.Good place to relax and enjoy life. This is one of the best B&B that i have been to. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Canopy room is the best room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2010

On a 1-10 scale, the Crystal River Inn is a 12+! The rooms/Inn are beautiful, well furnished, clean, comfortable and very reasonably priced. The hosts are amazing! They welcome you like family, go to great lengths to accomodate your needs, and create an atmosphere of home (or better? lol) To top it off, Robert is an AMAZING chef, and you never walk away unsatisfied! Like us, you just might return again and again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2010

My wife and I stayed in the French Country Cottage at the end of April. We thoroughly enjoyed the privacy of this detached cottage, which served as one of the farm outbuildings in a former life. Although small, the space was efficiently used due to the use of a Murphy bed, which I think are a great idea. The first evening we were there it stormed quite hard. The sound of the storm combined with a crackling wood fire in the cast-iron stove made for a romantic evening.

Our hosts were wonderful, attentive without being obtrusive. Upon arrival, we were treated to a freshly baked treat, which was delicious. This was a precursor to two very enjoyable and delicious breakfasts. A souffle one morning and delicious french toast the next, both accompanied by fruit. The dining areas in the main house were very attractive. We really liked the morning we were served on the enclosed sun room, with the views to the grounds.

The setting for the inn is very nice, in a tiny rural community. The owners have restored several of the original habitats on their property, which has helped attract lots of birds. Seeing them was a fun extra during our visit. The community of Rural is very close to the City of Waupaca and the Chain of Lakes, so there was lots to do during our stay. We have visited the Waupaca area several times before, but have always stayed in motels. That will change now, as we will be looking forward to returning to the Crystal River Inn during future visits. We peeked at some of the other rooms and were favorably impressed. Next time we might try one with a whirpool, although if it is cold out, a return to the Cottage with its fireplace would be hard to resist.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple