“Stop on Snowmobile Tirp”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Wausau

Super 8 Wausau
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Wausau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Newton, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Generally I stay away from Super 8 hotels from overall bad experiences. Friend recommended. Was on business and stayed two nights. Room was large, with adequate bath. Internet was not slow like at some places. Was Clean and fresh. Non smoking no pet hotel. Newer looking Carpets through out. Nice decor, fresh paint and nothing was beat up where walls gouged. Was told place was 8 years old. Looked new. It's apparent the cleaning staff has pride in their work and that the management treats them fairly. Otherwise this area slips into the cracks and can make or break a hotel. Didn't use, but noted nice clean pool and Jacuzzi area. It's a hotel I'd go back to again and not afraid of taking the family. Has the usual dry complementary breakfast. No eggs as noted on web site. 2 kinds of dry cereal, yogurts, dried up cin rolls, breads to make toast. Make a waffle or have biscuits and gravy for hot breakfast. Do note that they will automatically charge $1.59 a day for the safe. Label on the safe notes its optional and can get refund at check out. They will put the bill under the door and note no need to check out, just leave electronic room key in room. I suspect many have paid for something that could have been refunded. There was no questions asked when I asked for my refund. It's the principal. Expect to pay about $65/night but don't let that cost scare you from staying here. Its just as good as a $120 night room with some other franchise.

Room Tip: Rooms on opposite side of parking lot may be quieter. Some Trucks park and run all night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
N P, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Good morning, and thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel so much that you would award us such a high rating. Our staff work diligently to make sure that every guest has a clean and welcome stay here. Thank you again, for your patronage. We look forward to seeing you again!
Somonauk, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This motel is only 2 floors. There is no elevator. When I went for a swim, I did not warm up until I hopped into the whirlpool. Those are my only 2 complaints. The king room was spacious and very clean. Towels are decent size, pillows and mattress comfortable. Expanded tv channels and the wifi worked as it should. The hot breakfast was a choice of waffles or biscuits and gravy (or both!). The staff was very friendly and pleasant. I was skeptical of all the other fantastic reviews however, this place earns them all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
N P, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We take great pride in taking care of it and by your comments we have done so. I appreciate all of the suggestions, which are very good and we will address those items. I hope that when you are back in the area you come and visit us again. We appreciate your business. Thank you!
Saint Paul, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

It was fine except for one thing. I had a price quote in advance but discovered after returning home that you had added a charge for using a safe. I never asked for a safe nor did I use a safe. I trusted that I would be charged the original price so didn't check before I left. I should have not trusted you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

N P, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We take great pride in taking care of it and by your comments we have done so. Regarding the safe charge we do have disclosure about the safe use at the time of check in and we do ask every guest to initial on that disclosure. It clearly states that there will be a charge of $1.58 for safe warranty added to your bill but at the time of check out if you did not use the safe please let us know and we will reverse the charge. Please call us at the hotel and give your information so we can reverse the charge as you did not use the safe.