I am so glad my old hotel stopped taking dogs because it allowed me to find this place! Instead of a small patch of grass next to a highway and parking lot, you have access to the trails of Rib Mountain. It is a beautiful location. The staff is very dog-friendly, too, even offering to walk my rottweiler if I didn't have time.
The rooms are compact. The mattresses are very firm. The bathrooms were small, but had fluffy, absorbant towels. The continental breakfast was very nice, and the staff offers to make waffles, eggs, and a choice of meats for you. All this for the same price as some of the least expensive places in the area. I am definately staying here every time I am in the Wausau area. Easily the best value I have ever found, and my dog liked it, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a one-of-a-kind boutique HOTEL and Inn nestled in the beautiful Northwoods of Wausau, Wisconsin, just steps away from the highly acclaimed Granite Peak Ski Area and Rib Mountain State park, where the luxury of an upscale bed-and-breakfast are combined with the convenience of a resort hotel. With Woodburning fireplaces in every room, thoughtful amenities and impeccable service, Rib Mountain Inn/ Granite Peak Lodge promises an exciting experience that you won't find anywhere else. Enjoy our extended stay options or nightly hotel. Outdoor Hot tub 14 person On golf course and Ski hill remodeled in 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Rib Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rib Mountain Hotel Wausau
- Rib Mountain Inn Wausau, Wisconsin