“Good food, great service!”

Red Eye Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Artisan food & craft beer. We feature our daily chef's menu to compliment our full menu that sources local farms and seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Red Eye was listed as one of the gluten-free restaurants in Wausau, so I stopped in during a business trip. I had the organic veggie burger without a bun and the daily side salad (delish combo of cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers and roasted arugula). The burger was one of the best I've ever had. They do have GF buns and pasta available, but no GF tortillas for the wraps. I opted to just go bunless since GF bread products rarely live up to the "real" deal. The waitress was attentive and friendly and made sure to check with the kitchen that the food was GF. I didn't drink any beer, but the variety looked really great. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in the area!

2  Thank Jenni D

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch because of the fabulous reviews. Had a sandwich and a side dish of pasta salad which I wasn't too excited about but the waitress talked me into it.

Good call! It was a delicious homemade balsamic honey pasta dish that was excellent. I never would've ordered this – glad I did :-) Great food, clean restaurant nice atmosphere. I like everything about it even the forks were real heavy and durable. Weird I know, but everything about this place was quality… Including the silverware.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We were passing through Wausau, and decided to stop here based on the good reviews. We ordered a couple of pizzas and they were very good. Our waitress was also very prompt. I suppose I am getting a bit use to eating good wood fired pizzas, but these were equal to
anything else I have had of late.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Love this place, nothing to complain about ever and never have had a bad bite of food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank mvoeg731
Reviewed 25 June 2014

If you get there early, you can get an outside table. The beer is of course a treat. But the wine was also very good. Food and service were good. Pizza was delicious and enough for two. The specials sounded terrific. Fun night!

Been to Red Eye Brewing Company? Share your experiences!