“Very good!”

Red Eye Brewing Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Eye Brewing Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Artisan food & craft beer. We feature our daily chef's menu to compliment our full menu that sources local farms and seasonal ingredients.
“Very good!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on out way up to northern Wisconsin on a Monday night. I had the pilsner beer which was fantastic! I highly recommend the pizza also. The service was great, as well as the timing of the food.
Reasonable in pricing. It is a short drive from the freeway but worth the extra few minutes for sure.
If you are looking to watch a game i would not recommend it due to the one tv at the bar but other than that we were totally pleased.

“Good Food Good Beer Great Service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

What started off as a potentially bad experience was quickly corrected and surprisingly turned around the whole dinner. FANTASTIC management. Our server was super attentive knew the food and beer and made good suggestions. The space is a bit loud. We had the tatertot app. It was good but tots could have been crispier. Got a bit soggy but was simple but good. Had wings. Like buffalo but cooked in wood fired oven. Blue cheese seemed a bit thin or watery but had good flavor. Had the meat pizza. Was excellent. Great wood fired crust with excellent toppings. Had chicken Mac and cheese. Big portion but chicken was a bit light and not super noticeable. If you call out the chicken it should be note able. Good adult cheese sauce (not orange). Also had Red Eye Burger. Was perfectly cooked good flavor. Good beer options. I would definitely return

“Good food, great service!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Red Eye was listed as one of the gluten-free restaurants in Wausau, so I stopped in during a business trip. I had the organic veggie burger without a bun and the daily side salad (delish combo of cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers and roasted arugula). The burger was one of the best I've ever had. They do have GF buns and pasta available, but no GF tortillas for the wraps. I opted to just go bunless since GF bread products rarely live up to the "real" deal. The waitress was attentive and friendly and made sure to check with the kitchen that the food was GF. I didn't drink any beer, but the variety looked really great. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in the area!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jenni D
“Big Taste-even bigger Forks”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch because of the fabulous reviews. Had a sandwich and a side dish of pasta salad which I wasn't too excited about but the waitress talked me into it.

Good call! It was a delicious homemade balsamic honey pasta dish that was excellent. I never would've ordered this – glad I did :-) Great food, clean restaurant nice atmosphere. I like everything about it even the forks were real heavy and durable. Weird I know, but everything about this place was quality… Including the silverware.

Iowa
“Good pizza here folks”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We were passing through Wausau, and decided to stop here based on the good reviews. We ordered a couple of pizzas and they were very good. Our waitress was also very prompt. I suppose I am getting a bit use to eating good wood fired pizzas, but these were equal to
anything else I have had of late.

Been to Red Eye Brewing Company? Share your experiences!