“Great food and fast service, but expensive & lacking cleaniness”

The Great Dane Pub and Brewing Co. Wausau
Ranked #4 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The food was great, as always! The cheese curds were $8.00 and very expensive for the amount in the basket. That was the only dish we weren't impressed with. The floor was dirty and I suppose some lenience can be given since it was the day before Mother's Day, but the dishes were dirty and cloudy. Service was unexpectedly fast, however, especially since it was very busy. Overall, an enjoyable experience and will return...but will not be ordering cheese curds and might say something if the dishes are dirty again.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

My boyfriend and I are avid beer drinkers and explorers. Whilst in Wausau, we found Great Dane Pub. The beer was good but only good. I hardly ever find a beer I don't enjoy but I found 6 on the flight that we ordered. The food was good, that's also a large selection. Our server was okay but when I requested garlic on my pasta, she told me no... It was a little noisy for my liking but it's worth trying out!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

It is not the best brewery in Wausau, but i has a good variety of beers. Food is actually very tasteful for being a pub. Tuna Tanaki served as an entree is real good. Burgers are also tasty.

Ambiance is good for having dinner afterwork, definitely better froma thursday to saturday.
Prices are ok.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I was looking for wings, originally went to Richards and they were closed...did a little research and landed here....I was waited on by a Great bartender and I apologize for not remembering her name...she was awesome..sat at the back bar....wings were good to very good with a really good blue cheese...very chunky...very good Landmark light beer.....they only offer micro brewed beer there. I found the prices to be in line with the facilty and surroundings...I was checked on by a couple of different people...so well tended to....

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Stopped here on our way to Minneapolis for dinner. I'd seen some in Madison and wanted to try it out. The service here was great. We sat down right away. They have a lot to choose from and it was hard to decide what to get. What we did get though was great food and plenty to stuff ourselves for the ride. Didn't have any beer with being the driver but would have loved to try some. Would definitley go here again.