“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Business meetings
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We went to lunch here for our 20th anniversary. The restaurant has a very nice dining room (carpeting, wing-back chairs at every table) and a more casual lounge area (tile floor, wooden chairs). The last time I had lunch here was years ago and everyone was seated in the lounge, so I didn't think anything of it when we were seated there for our lunch. I thought the dining room was reserved for dinner. It was a 91 degree day and we noticed that the air conditioning did not seem to be working properly. In fact, there were workers who appeared to be working on it. Still, it was not horribly uncomfortable, so we decided to stay. However, after we were seated I started to notice people going through to the dining room. I figured there was a private party. We were about half way through our meal when I heard the hostess ask some new guests if they would prefer the dining room because it was cooler in there. No one asked us that! We certainly would have taken that option if it had been presented.

Considering the heat, the first thing I did when we were seated was order a mojito. The waitress left, came back with our soup and said, "There still working on your mojito. You know, it takes time with all the muddling." Fine. Then my husbands egg roll came. No drink. Then our entrées came and STILL no mojito! The waitress said she'd go check on it, but instead went to another table and actually was showing the guests there pictures on her iPhone! Finally, a good fifteen minutes after I ordered it (when my husband was half way through his entrée) the drink arrived.

To be fair, the drink was very good, as was the fragrant shrimp and the pork fried rice. I just expect better service than this.

If you really want Chinese in downtown Wausau, go one block over to Chang Garden. My better service, very good food plus they also offer sushi.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Great ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We love this place. Wonderful dining room. Staff is always friendly. Food is always delicious. Well worth while experience for visitors and locals alike. Favorite Wausau classic restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
“Wausau Icon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

This is a landmark in Wausau. I have been here many times and always had great service and never a bad meal. This place has been here for as long as i can remember.

Portage, Wisconsin
“Best beautiful place to go for chinese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

Every time I visit Wausau I have to have dinner at this restaurant. The staff is polite, professional and do an outstanding job. The food is great quality and the prices are the best also. The architecture is breath taking so please do not let it scare you. Must see and eat!!!

Visited November 2012
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Good Chinese But Very Pricy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We love the food whihc is alway hot and fresh but it is very pricy for Chinese Food. They need to rethink their prices.

• Visited October 2012