“Best motel on our 2 week vacation”

Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best motel on our 2 week vacation”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Quiet room with the best linen and comfort in bedding. Excellent breakfast choices

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
LaCrosse, WI
Reviewed 19 March 2011

stayed one night at this hotel. The front desk staff at check in and check out were very friendly and accomodating. The hotel was very clean and tidy. The only downside I noticed was that the side I was in was up against the freeway. It didn't bother me but if you are a light sleeper or not used to hearing traffic all night it may be a problem. Will definitely stay again. Tip: spend the extra $10-15 or so and stay at this Days Inn versus the one futher on the north edge of Wausau (it is just called "Days Inn" versus this one is Days Inn and Suites)-the other one was terrible-I have stayed in both and there is a world of difference.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
nickpatelWausau, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, 5 April 2011
Dear Guest:

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7153555501.

Days Inn & Suites
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My wife and I found this place on the internet at a cheap $60+ for me to have a day of skiing nearby. Our front-facing room was decent and clean, as was the whole motel. The incl. breakfast was primitive but passable, but the environment was neither.

It shares a huge lot with a truck-stop and a McDonalds and allowed and/or encouraged numbers of truckers to park and idle their trucks all day and night just 60-70' from our windows. That really sucks, not just from a fuel standpoint, but to anyone like us trying to sleep. Ratty children ran around barefoot constantly. But the Indian guy who owned and ran the place didn't care less. Given that, maybe you should look for a better owner.

Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
stillwater, mn
Reviewed 29 November 2010

My Husband and I got stopped by the snow storm and came across the Days Inn & Suites in Wausau, Wisconsin. The service we received from Stacy & Nick was 110% and just what we needed after an intense 4 hours of driving from Stillwater, Minnesota. They were so welcoming and friendly. We got a King Jacuzzi suite and at an amazing value too! We LOVED our stay at Days Inn and would definitely stay again if needed! Thanks for the great service Stacy and Nick!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
nickpatelWausau, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, 3 December 2010
Dear Guest:

Than You for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be service to you in the future. Also remember our hotel is located just 1 mile from the Granite Peak Ski Hill so if you have interest in ski or snow boarding please come visit us and the season is opened from November through March.

Days Inn & Suites Wausau, WI
Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I booked this hotel on Hotels.com and called for the reservation. I booked a two queen bed room for $66. plus tax. for 2 adults and 1 small toddler. When I got there they said they only had a one queen bed room left and if I wanted two beds I would have to pay and extra $20 plus tax over what was already paid. even then they put me in a handicap room. I really feel they took advantage of my situation as I couldn't cancel the reservation, they had a two day prior to policy and I would have forfeited the full amount.
On the good side the room was clean, the beds comfortable and the continental breakfast was ok. The pool water was very cold and they air in the pool room was so cold everyone in the very small pool was freezing and complaining about it. I would have said I recommend the hotel if not for the $20 rip off.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 21 June 2010

The room was nice. Clean, comfortable, right off the highway, near several restaurants. Rib Mountain is about a minute away too. Great value also, as it was less than fifty bucks. (I booked online ahead of time.) The pool and jacuzzi were perfect as well. The usual contintal breakfast was plentiful and free, plus waffles and biscuits w/ sausage gravy. I would've given them a perfect review, but I had to ding them one point on service, because when I was checking out, the lady made me stand there and wait about sixty seconds while she was on a personal call. Otherwise, they were friendly and it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
nickpatelWausau, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this review, 24 June 2010

Days Inn & Suites
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 May 2010

This hotel was right next to Granite Peak Ski Resort, which was amazing! It was very close to it. They have a snacks bar with necessities and a hot tub and pool. They gave out free snacks and free breakfast! The rooms were spacious and welcoming. The room kind of ruins your vacation, though, because instead of skiing you'd rather lay in bed all day! A great hotel, hope to come back again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
#6 of 11 in Wausau

Been to Days Inn & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!