“No Reservation - Got a GREAT Deal!”
Review of Courtyard Wausau

Courtyard Wausau
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Sheboygan Falls, WI
“No Reservation - Got a GREAT Deal!”
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We were traveiing by motorcycle from southern WI to eastern MN and stopped in Wausau WI around 8pm. The plan was a quick stop for gas and food, but as we ate we decided to stay overnight.

Using my smart phone, I checked the rates for 3 hotels in the area. Then we drove to the first one - Courtyard. I went inside expecting to try to negotiate them down to the internet rate when SURPRISE! Instead, the desk girl told me their rate for AAA members was $89/night. We are members but she never asked for my card. We checked in.

Other hotel rates for last minute like that were $139-189/night.

The Great Dane restaurant/pub is next door. Used to be the Hops and Hefer, but has been totally redone. Nice. There are two bars - loud and less loud (not quiet) but they are very nice. Be prepared to pay though -- $11 for a pint and one mixed drink. Pool tables (3) are available by the hour.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Northboro, MA
Reviewed 8 May 2008

Clean, extraordinarily friendly and helpful staff, good location, nice pool, good fairly priced breakfast, wireless that worked flawlessly in my room.

I am taking a star off because our room was not properly provisioned two nights -- no new shampoo, etc.. This seems to be a common practice in more and more hotels.

Nevertheless, a very good place that I highly recommend..

I especially appreciate the fact that when I called the hotel from O'Hare Airport in Chicago -- where United Airlines gave us a day from travel hades -- and had to get a backup room near the airport for my wife, who would miss her last connecting flight -- a staff member at this hotel patiently helped me find another Marriott location near the airport, which itself was very considerate and helpful. This all confirms my inclination to stay at Marriott properties as much as I can.

• Liked — Facilities
  • Disliked — Lax housekeeping at times
  • Stayed April 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 December 2007

Stopped here on a work trip for a quick overnight. The room was wonderful. The bed was comfortable, the room set up with the bathroom between the bedroom area and the hallway kept the noise out, and overall the room was very clean. The hotel staff that was on duty at night and right away in the morning were pleasant. Overall one of the better hotels I have stayed at.

• Liked — The bed - it was so comfortable
  • Disliked — Kind of a pain to get to off the freeway
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 7 November 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard last weekend for a family visit. The room was very nice and well furnished, as was the entire property. The pool area was nice, although we didnt have time to swim, and the desk staff was very polite and helpful. There are very good restaurants nearby (the 2510 and Emma Crumbies were great!) and it is close to the major highways.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
WISCONSIN
Reviewed 14 May 2006

We stayed at the Courtyard Jan 28, 2006 while in the area for a snowmobile race. The hotel was one of the finest we've stayed at (we've stayed at other hotels in Wausau and they don't even come close). The room was extremely clean, the beds and pillows were outstanding allowing for great night's rest, and the bathroom experience was great (nice, fluffly, good sized towels; decent shower curtain; good lighting; nice size), plenty of quality ammenities. The price for that particular weekend was one of the best prices in the city. Will definately stay there again.

Stayed January 2006
18 Thank CRNBRY3
USA
Reviewed 28 April 2006

Was in Wausau for a business meeting and stayed at this hotel. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean and well-maintained. Good standard Marriott B'fast. Overall, an excellent hotel.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business