“Good but not great Hampton Inn”
Review of Hampton Inn Wausau

Hampton Inn Wausau
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Hampton Inn is my hotel of choice when I am traveling on business, however the location in Wausau falls a little short of the standard’s Hampton Inn has set.
First the positives, the front desk staff was professional, the room was clean and well stocked with fresh linens and the gym was clean and the equipment was in good shape. There were a few minor disappointments to an otherwise nice stay. When I checked in I was told I could not use my AAA membership because they were fully booked (first time that has ever happened), the room was smaller than I am used to, the breakfast area was small and the cookie tray at the front desk was empty. Additionally, the front desk staff did not call and ask if my room was satisfactory (customary at other Hampton Inn’s). I still think Hampton Inn is a very good value for business travel and I will give this hotel another shot the next time I am in town.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ross M
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Wausau

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 6 times over the past 18 months, twice while traveling with my granddaughter and 4 in conjunciton with business trips. Each time I have arrived without my granddaughter the front desk staff inquire about her. The level of personalized attention rivals the high end of the Hilton chain. the rooms are always immaculate, the breakfast bar offers a wide variety and the pool and exercise areas are also extremely clean. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for comfort, clean, customer care with a economy bonus.

Room Tip: Excellent value
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank alpenasandi
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Noisy little Hampton right on the major highway - if you do give it a chance be sure and reserve a room on the backside of the hotel to buffer some of this highway noise (unless you like it).
Service is very friendly but the hotel is very average for a Hampton. Rooms nicely appointed and standard.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Recently updated, the room was in excellent condition; however, someone forgot to design and put drawers for clothes in the room, and my family had to live out of suitcases for three days! This is a property that serves Granite Peak Ski Resort, and of course it was very busy over Presiden't Day Weekend 2012. So I guess I understand that there often was no place to sit and eat breakfast at their "complimentary" breakfast area, but it was still very annoying.

Having said all this, management offered to credit back the cost of one day's stay. So customer service gets an A+.

Room Tip: See if the room has drawers for clothing.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank checkmatemykids
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is a typical Hampton inn, clean and crisp looking. However, their front staff are remarkably pleasant and do everything to make you feel welcomed. I really appreciated the extra touch.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
12  Thank mastrlock
sarparker6, Manager at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Mastrlock,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us! We truly believe the "extra touch" can really make our guests feel more at home.

We hope you will visit us again!

Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed for two nights as a package for a Granite Peak ski trip. It was a great value and was perfect for us with our 9- and 7-year old daughters. The hotel is very clean, staff very accommodating, amenities very appreciated. The pool is small but the girls had a great time. The hot tub is awesome after skiing. The breakfast is really good and so convenient, especially for families. They offered free to-go snack bags with water, fruit, a muffin and mints, which was great for the ski hill. The complimentary in room wireless was helpful too. The location is right off the highway, and very close to Granite Peak and restaurants. Definitely recommend for others looking to stay near Granite Peak.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank carocab
sarparker6, Manager at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2012

Dear Carocab,

Thank you for recently staying at the Hampton Inn of Wausau! We truly appreciate your business and the time that you took to write such a positive review. I will make sure to pass your comments along to rest of the staff.

We look forward to seeing you again. Have a Great 2012!

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Six night business trip. Prompt check-in with recognition of Diamond status. Great comfortable clean large room. Friendly greeting whenever I walked by the desk. Great restaurant recommendations. Passed out bottled water at breakfast. Left a bottle of water in the room each day. Left a phone message each day to see if I needed anything. Most surprising of all is that the day it snowed, I checked on my car at 6 AM and decided I needed extra time to get the car ready for travel. After getting ready and going to the car at 7:15 AM I noticed all cars in the hotel parking lot had been cleaned of snow on the windows. Never have I had this kind of service. Convenient location to Wausau Hospital, Rib Mountain, Granite Mountain, mall, etc. About 15 minutes from CWA. Hampton reliability plus great friendly service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
12  Thank sometrip
sarparker6, Manager at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Dear Sometrip,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! We believe that little things such as handing out a bottle of water, or scraping the snow off your car, can make your stay with us seem a little more enjoyable. We are glad that these gestures added to your visit!

We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Wausau!

Sarah Parker