“Great stay”
Review of Hampton Inn Wausau

Hampton Inn Wausau
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Pros
Easy location to find
Friendly front desk
Clean room
Comfortable beds
Great tv
Nice work area
Fridge
Microwave
Quiet

Cons
Small lobby
Found couple strands of hair around bathtub

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Itrocs

Reviewed 1 July 2012

This was one of our best experiences. We had a room on the first floor with a king bed. Room was like new in every way. Staff was very friendly. This will be a first choice stop when we are in the area.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Hampton Inn is my hotel of choice when I am traveling on business, however the location in Wausau falls a little short of the standard’s Hampton Inn has set.
First the positives, the front desk staff was professional, the room was clean and well stocked with fresh linens and the gym was clean and the equipment was in good shape. There were a few minor disappointments to an otherwise nice stay. When I checked in I was told I could not use my AAA membership because they were fully booked (first time that has ever happened), the room was smaller than I am used to, the breakfast area was small and the cookie tray at the front desk was empty. Additionally, the front desk staff did not call and ask if my room was satisfactory (customary at other Hampton Inn’s). I still think Hampton Inn is a very good value for business travel and I will give this hotel another shot the next time I am in town.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ross M
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 6 times over the past 18 months, twice while traveling with my granddaughter and 4 in conjunciton with business trips. Each time I have arrived without my granddaughter the front desk staff inquire about her. The level of personalized attention rivals the high end of the Hilton chain. the rooms are always immaculate, the breakfast bar offers a wide variety and the pool and exercise areas are also extremely clean. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for comfort, clean, customer care with a economy bonus.

Room Tip: Excellent value
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank alpenasandi
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Noisy little Hampton right on the major highway - if you do give it a chance be sure and reserve a room on the backside of the hotel to buffer some of this highway noise (unless you like it).
Service is very friendly but the hotel is very average for a Hampton. Rooms nicely appointed and standard.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Recently updated, the room was in excellent condition; however, someone forgot to design and put drawers for clothes in the room, and my family had to live out of suitcases for three days! This is a property that serves Granite Peak Ski Resort, and of course it was very busy over Presiden't Day Weekend 2012. So I guess I understand that there often was no place to sit and eat breakfast at their "complimentary" breakfast area, but it was still very annoying.

Having said all this, management offered to credit back the cost of one day's stay. So customer service gets an A+.

Room Tip: See if the room has drawers for clothing.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank checkmatemykids
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is a typical Hampton inn, clean and crisp looking. However, their front staff are remarkably pleasant and do everything to make you feel welcomed. I really appreciated the extra touch.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
12  Thank mastrlock
sarparker6, Manager at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Mastrlock,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us! We truly believe the "extra touch" can really make our guests feel more at home.

We hope you will visit us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Jefferson Street Inn
#9 of 11 in Wausau
3 mi away
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wausau, WI

Been to Hampton Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!