“Amazing”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Wisconsin
“Amazing”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This Hampton Inn went above and beyond. The front desk people were very kind and helpful. I stayed two nights and needed a couple of things brought to the room and they were delivered within 2 minutes of calling the desk! The room was clean and comfortable (a faint smoke smell from the smoking room days but not bothersome). The breakfast choices were great and changed a bit each day which made it nice. I was offered a bottle of water each morning at breakfast and one was left in my room after the maid came in to tidy up. They offer printing services where they deliver (I didn't take advantage of this but what a great thing to offer!). Overall, it was an incredible stay and I will definitely recommend this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank maestraWisconsin
nmoua, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear MaestraWisconsin,

We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was a great one! Your comments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you the next time you are in Wausau!

Nikki Moua

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Clean room, friendly staff and a good breakfast selection made for an enjoyable two days. The room and bathroom were large and included a frig. We plan on staying here on our next trip through Wausau.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelswithDave
nmoua, Manager at Hampton Inn Wausau, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear Cordzimm,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests. We truly value what you have to say. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Have a wonderful day!
Pardeeville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband and I stayed with our two children (2 & 7) for one night (Fri-Sat). We checked in pretty late but they were very friendly and it was a very quick convenient check-in. The room was clean and actually rather big. It was quiet with a very nice breakfast the next morning. The sitting area for breakfast could be a bit larger but worked out fine. We also used the pool which had fun float toys for the kids to play with. Very conveniently located off the interstate and located within many restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jessica871
Hurley, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I had to stay at the Hampton Inn for a family member's surgery and even though it was a bit more expensive than a hospital sponsored motel, it was very nice. It is a very clean place with a small pool and hot tub. It is easy to find from the highway and the staff was very friendly. There was a fridge and a nice closet for cloths but it would be a bit small to stay in for an extended stay. I would certainly stay here again for a day or two. Nice place!

Room Tip: I always recommend a room on the first floor and this is what I did. My other family members took t...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Pros
Easy location to find
Friendly front desk
Clean room
Comfortable beds
Great tv
Nice work area
Fridge
Microwave
Quiet

Cons
Small lobby
Found couple strands of hair around bathtub

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Itrocs
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

This was one of our best experiences. We had a room on the first floor with a king bed. Room was like new in every way. Staff was very friendly. This will be a first choice stop when we are in the area.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tom S
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Hampton Inn is my hotel of choice when I am traveling on business, however the location in Wausau falls a little short of the standard’s Hampton Inn has set.
First the positives, the front desk staff was professional, the room was clean and well stocked with fresh linens and the gym was clean and the equipment was in good shape. There were a few minor disappointments to an otherwise nice stay. When I checked in I was told I could not use my AAA membership because they were fully booked (first time that has ever happened), the room was smaller than I am used to, the breakfast area was small and the cookie tray at the front desk was empty. Additionally, the front desk staff did not call and ask if my room was satisfactory (customary at other Hampton Inn’s). I still think Hampton Inn is a very good value for business travel and I will give this hotel another shot the next time I am in town.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business