“Delicious Food, Adorable Decor!”

Sixth Street Filling Station
Ranked #98 of 160 Restaurants in Wausau
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Small eclectic cafe-style neighborhood restaurant serving great breakfast and lunch options. Casual dress always welcome. Self seating. Reservations of seven (7) or more are appreciated.
Summit Lake WI
“Delicious Food, Adorable Decor!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My friends and I enjoyed the grilled cheese/tomato sandwich on home made whole wheat bread, with the chicken and dumpling soup. Cute place, good service, delicious food and trivia to pursue, tableside.

• Visited June 2013

Wausau, WI
“Good soup/service lacking.”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My mother and I stopped by for lunch on a friday afternoon. I ordered the chicken dumpling soup & a whole wheat grilled cheese sandwich. My mom ordered the italian wedding soup & chicken salad sandwich. This place give you a playing card and has you sit down and they will bring you your food. We sat down after being given the card and began talking. A female server from the back came to our table and told us that you are supposed to wait at the counter for your drinks and then can be seated, we apologized and said that we didn't know and carried on with our conversation. Minutes later the same server came with our food - looked delicious, however they brought my mom out a grilled cheese instead of her sandwich. My mom told the server and the server took the sandwich and went back to the kitchen. After a few minutes she came back to our table with the correct sandwich, and then told us it would be $1.50 more. We explained that we had told the cashier we ordered the chicken sandwich in the first place - she immediately said "I know, but she told me grilled cheese. You can pay us $1.50 when you are finished eating." I was turned off by her attitude and her admitting their mistake, but still making us pay the difference. The cashier even came back to our table and apologized for the mistake. I've visited in the past and have never had any big issues. I sure hope they hire workers with better customer service skills in the future. It's a shame - they have pretty good food, but need a little improvement socially.

• Visited May 2013
SixthStreet, Owner at Sixth Street Filling Station, responded to this review, 11 April 2016
We are sorry that you experienced poor customer service skills from the staff hired by the previous owner. We purchased the Sixth Street Filling Station and opened the doors on September 1, 2015. Please try us again as we are proud of our new menu and all of our employees.
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Ate here several times....good homemade soup....Unique specials.......Fun place to take visitors.....Maybe not enough of a portion for the male appetite

• Visited April 2013